This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Share your 5 lug setup and wheels

O I havent seen a thread like this, Maybe there is and I just skipped over it or I wasnt looking in the right place.
    If there isnt one then maybe we can make this one a sticky.
    Pretty much this thread should be What parts you used for your 5 lug swaps, be it e36, e36 m3, e30 m3, e30 and different hubs. What shocks, springs, wheels, tire size, etc.
    This should save a lot of the trouble of people having to search for the info and asking dumb questions.
    Post a few photos of different wheels and tires that you ran or run. Be specific with the details of your setup and dont leave anything out.

Maybe we can get a good thread going and maybe a sticky. :D

setup: e36 m3/318ti
    wheels: old - MOMO Mirage 16x7.5 ET35
    new - BBS RZ aka Style 5's 16x8 ET23
    tires: 225/40-16 Toyo T1R's
    suspension: Z3M Coupe H&R Coilovers

if anyone wants to buy these MOMOs for cheap, let me know.

http://instagram.com/dslovn.drives

Comment

there's a guy selling exact same momo's for $400, and seeing that they fit well, I may have to get them :-)

Comment

setup: e30 m3 everything
        Wheels: Kosei K1, BBS RS, Team Dynamics, and Stock e30 m3 wheels. I have them all and I rotate depending on what I need them for. Shared with my m3, everything is interchangable -- it's nice

15x8 et22 Kosei K1 on TMS J-stock suspension:

15x7 e30 m3 stock wheels on H&R Sport Suspension:
        Last edited by 1990m3; 03-15-2009, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aptyp View Post
          there's a guy selling exact same momo's for $400, and seeing that they fit well, I may have to get them :-)
          you know what condition they were in? can you send me a link to the listing? i wanna see if theres anything i don't know yet about them. its near impossible to find any info.

Comment

E36 m3 front with shocktowers drilled to use 96+ e36 m3 strut hats (more caster). Oh yeah, running L hat on the right and vice versa, more camber that way. In addition had to shim strut where it attaches to knuckle to get ~2* camber. E30 m3 control arm bushings.
            318ti rear
            E30 m3 springs, and e36 konis all around (no issues with rear which is cool).
            DS1 powdercoated mirror black with 215/40/17's. Currently refinishing some 16x7.5 et35 3 piece fittipaldis that just BARELY clear the m3 brakes, gonna rock 205/40/16 Azenis RT615's i have laying around from my VW days.

Don't really have any good pics of it, have some showing the shiny wheels and one of what I did to the shocktower.

Car is up on stands with no motor awaiting s52 powah for spring.

Comment

Originally posted by daniel View Post
              you know what condition they were in? can you send me a link to the listing? i wanna see if theres anything i don't know yet about them. its near impossible to find any info.
              they are ET30 and are in "ok" shape, center caps are brand new in box. It's not a listing, it's actually a friend of mine selling them. Only thing I don't like about them, is that they cover up all that 5-lug labor of love with center caps. They look awesome though.

Comment

they are ET30 and are in "ok" shape, center caps are brand new in box. It's not a listing, it's actually a friend of mine selling them. Only thing I don't like about them, is that they cover up all that 5-lug labor of love with center caps. They look awesome though.
                heh well i have no idea where the center caps for my wheels are. I would say mine are in "ok" shape also. I am pretty sure they aren't bent anywhere (havent looked really closely at the inner lip, though), they just need a good cleaning, and would obviously look better with a repaint. i've thought about keeping them for some kind of winter tire, but the fact is we don't get enough winter weather to justify that, in my opinion (even though some people here, even with awd and 4wd run studded tires from november to april).

Comment

/\ How much would you sell your momo's for? would it be with tires?

www.gutenparts.com
                  One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by e30s52 View Post
                    /\ How much would you sell your momo's for? would it be with tires?
                    no tires. i guess make me an offer? i dunno, if you are serious, PM me and we can discuss. It would be nice to get rid of them seeing as they are sitting in my living room right now, haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Mossman View Post
                      E36 m3 front with shocktowers drilled to use 96+ e36 m3 strut hats (more caster). Oh yeah, running L hat on the right and vice versa, more camber that way. In addition had to shim strut where it attaches to knuckle to get ~2* camber. E30 m3 control arm bushings.
                      318ti rear
                      E30 m3 springs, and e36 konis all around (no issues with rear which is cool).
                      DS1 powdercoated mirror black with 215/40/17's. Currently refinishing some 16x7.5 et35 3 piece fittipaldis that just BARELY clear the m3 brakes, gonna rock 205/40/16 Azenis RT615's i have laying around from my VW days.

Don't really have any good pics of it, have some showing the shiny wheels and one of what I did to the shocktower.

Car is up on stands with no motor awaiting s52 powah for spring.
                      I love the way your E30 looks with those E36 motorsport wheels.. I may have a lead on a set of those for myself but i wasnt sure how they'd look... thanks for posting that pic.
                      For the time being i have a set of 16" style 30 wheels.

still waiting for bavarian auto recycling to send my rear Z3 hubs.. do these guys normally take forever to get stuff out? i guess they must be busy as hell most of the time

Comment

Last edited by atomic; 04-15-2009, 09:52 AM.

Comment

very sexy, Atomic, beautiful setup, and without e36 m3 Control Arms... Great job.

Comment

very sexy, Atomic, beautiful setup, and without e36 m3 Control Arms... Great job.
                            +1, great job man.
                            Originally posted by BillBrasky
                            E36's are the Stephen Baldwin of the 3 series family. They barely hold everything together and they only sold a lot because of the popularity of their older sibling.
                            1991 318i Alpine II - S50/5-lug swapped - track car
                            1989 325i Cirrusblau - Daily
                            1970 2500 - Malaga over Grey Cloth
                            2012 F350 6.7PSD

Comment

my setup:

complete e30 m3 suspension (lots of new parts had to be ordered$$$$$$)
                              H&R race springs
                              Bilstein Sport Shocks
                              e30 m3 offset CABS
                              GC spec e30 camber plates
                              15mm spring pads in rear
                              e46 m3 cabby RSM
                              RS4PRO3 front endlinks
                              Bimmerworld eccentric rear T/A bushings
                              17x8 et15 M-System w/ 235/40/17 toyo tr-1(massive amounts of fender rolling)

IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X