This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
    I'm always looking for someone to ride with, dirt or road. Not a ton of dirt to ride up here, but there is some good road riding. I will say I'm about as far out of shape as I get. (Haven't ridden yet this year, only got out for a dozen rides last year.)

Will
    Originally posted by wworm View Post
    lets go! planning on riding if my back allows it tomorrow.

hell ya! bring your e30's and bikes. today's ride was a success (though a small one). we did the redwood regional park loop with a little bit of joaquin miller park in the oakland hills. weather was absolutely amazing.

after the ride, cleaned up our family's mercedes and listed it for sale:

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
    1983 Peugeot 505 STI
    1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
    2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Anyone need some 205/50r15’s? I have a perfectly usable pair of Direzza’s to give away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone know of a local shop that rebuilds g265/6 transmissions?

I have a transmission with a busted output shaft that may be of value as spare parts.
        sigpic
        1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
        1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
        1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post

I have a transmission with a busted output shaft that may be of value as spare parts.
          Pete’s gear shop in Hayward is the only one I’ve heard will even touch them in the area

Originally posted by justinpirie View Post
          Anyone need some 205/50r15’s? I have a perfectly usable pair of Direzza’s to give away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          o hai I could use those. I do have a big pile of slightly toasted ex lemons tires as well though..
          cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
            That’s rad! I am actually also rehabing my knee, which I got a pretty bad bone bruise on back in January (still kinda swollen/painful).

I usually ride in the East Bay, but like to do SF, Marin and Peninsula when I can. My go-to ride is usually from my house in Alameda (by Oakland airport), up to the Oakland & Berkeley hills Skyline, and back.
            Knee injuries suuuuuuck.

I'd be game to ride in a couple weeks. Gotta get some residual fitness and a bike rack for the SS first, but definitely am game!
            2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
            95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
            98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Any of you guys know of any good tuners in the area? My build is almost done and I'm going to start looking for someone to tune the new engine. It's an extremely not stock M20 which will have ITB's and will be running on an AEM Infinity. I'd be willing to take the car pretty far for the right tuner.
              sigpic

Comment

Check out turbo hoses in Livermore. They tuned my co workers supercharged s52 swapped e30.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone have a paper oil pan gasket hanging around or know of a local place to get one? I've never had luck with cork gaskets, and never had leaks with paper.
                  sigpic
                  1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                  1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]

Comment

^ I lucked out with a MAHLE gasket at VatoZone in East Oakland the other weekend.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                    1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                    1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                    2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
                      ^ I lucked out with a MAHLE gasket at VatoZone in East Oakland the other weekend.
                      Mahle is cork, right? (at least for m20 it seems to be cork)
                      sigpic

Comment

the trick to keep the cork ones from leaking is a light spear of RTV, loctiting the bolts and using the correct torque spec. i've only had 2 leak on me and one i installed wrong and the other was over tightening.
                        Much wow
                        I hate 4 doors

Comment

I've become a fan of Hondabond. It just works.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
                            the trick to keep the cork ones from leaking is a light spear of RTV, loctiting the bolts and using the correct torque spec. i've only had 2 leak on me and one i installed wrong and the other was over tightening.
                            This was my plan, but it's good to hear from someone that's had good luck.
                            sigpic

Comment

NOR-CAL General Chat.

Originally posted by YosemiteSam View Post
                              Any of you guys know of any good tuners in the area? My build is almost done and I'm going to start looking for someone to tune the new engine. It's an extremely not stock M20 which will have ITB's and will be running on an AEM Infinity. I'd be willing to take the car pretty far for the right tuner.

Hire Blacktrax

Done.

Originally posted by McGyver View Post

Nobody plays with the g265 for good reason; it takes too long to tear apart and it’s an expensive parts list to build. I did one at great cost back before you worked at GAS; likelihood of anyone else doing it Bay Area will be very low.

Your unit (post accident is scrap)

G265 teardown and build with vintage period correct osgiken grpA DTM gear tree

OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Looking for recommendations for body/sheet metal shop to widen fenders / rear quarters a couple of inches .
                                Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Working...
                                X