Back on track: E30 8",10" and 12" Subwoofers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steve Corbett View Post
    What are my options if my 1984 325E does not have the ski/pass panel to knock out??

Steve, I use tin snips or a metal blade on a jigsaw.

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by randomtask37 View Post
      anyone have a link to show how they ported their seat? i know its simple, but im hoping for some suggestions to get my creative juices flowing

I have the leather sport seat with no pass through and the e3012 box. It sounds fine at low volumes but I cranked it up today and it was vibrating the seat quite a bit. i need to do something to allow that air pressure to release through. nothing has rattled since i bought it until today when i was blasting some dub

btw - i am very picky about sound and is this box is awesome.
      I had a vinyl seat so it may be different. Using a hole saw, I cut the foam to port the seat but left the vinyl intact. So basically cut right up to the vinyl without actually cutting the vinyl. I didn't want to see two port holes in my seat. Sounded awesome. I had the e3012 as well.

Comment

Luke are you going to be finishing that limited run of boxes for the power-top 'vert? Also, I need to get you some dimensions, I want to fit one of your 10" boxes in my C-Class (W202) Mercedes. I have a rear-center armrest but both seats also fold down opening up the whole trunk. Is this still a good choice for a sub?

Comment

Originally posted by klavender1 View Post
          I had a vinyl seat so it may be different. Using a hole saw, I cut the foam to port the seat but left the vinyl intact. So basically cut right up to the vinyl without actually cutting the vinyl. I didn't want to see two port holes in my seat. Sounded awesome. I had the e3012 as well.
          That is a fantastic idea as well!

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

Still in stock: 1 12'. 1 10" and 2 8" LTW.

They can be upholstered and shipped within 24 hours, let me know!

Closing SOON!

Comment

one day...... wish I had the money... offering any for free? haha
              1986 325es

Comment

Originally posted by Cha Ching View Post
                Luke are you going to be finishing that limited run of boxes for the power-top 'vert? Also, I need to get you some dimensions, I want to fit one of your 10" boxes in my C-Class (W202) Mercedes. I have a rear-center armrest but both seats also fold down opening up the whole trunk. Is this still a good choice for a sub?
                Hey, WTF, how did I miss this post?

OK, first off, yes, th power top 'vert box is still underway. We had a massive failure on the jigs, so we have to rebuild them, and then we can crank out a half dozen or so...watch FB or here, we will post both places when they are done.

Second: dimensions. They are posted on the website, BTW, but here you go:

W: 36" H: 15" D(t) 4", D(b) 10". Add a 3/4" panel on the face of the box

Let me know if that helps!

Luke

Closing SOON!

Comment

I picked up a 10" Lukebox yesterday at Luke's shop. It is artwork. The pictures are good, but wait until you see one in person. It's a shame it will be all hidden once I install! Thanks Luke.
                  1991 349is (wadded up)
                  1984 Rabbit 2.0L16v swap (wife's)
                  2003 LR Disco II (wife's)
                  1993 MB 400SEL (son 1's)
                  1980 MB 450SEL (son 2's)
                  2004 KTM 525 EXC-R SM Sold:(

Comment

Originally posted by Pipes View Post
                    I picked up a 10" Lukebox yesterday at Luke's shop. It is artwork. The pictures are good, but wait until you see one in person. It's a shame it will be all hidden once I install! Thanks Luke.
                    Well, thanks! Was nice to meet you and your brand-new-to-you E30, it is a beauty.

Any news on that fuel pump?

Just so you guys know, most of that precision stuff is actually Justins fault, he is the badass with the micrometer.

Guys, we still have an E3010 and 2 E30 8's in stock, get on it!

Luke

Closing SOON!

Comment

Nutter butter bump

Closing SOON!

Comment

Still have that 10" box?,if so I'll take it.Pm me and we'll close the deal.

Comment

I really don't think Luke plays up the cut in rattles that come with facing it into the cabin... I previously had subs faceing the rear and had more than 150 sq ft in damping material in the cabin and trunk, and still had rattles... the difference with my new sub from Luke really added to sound quality; you could just hear the bass more.

Comment

Perhaps GAS is having a black friday sale?
                            I'm cooler in person.

Comment

Originally posted by ajackz View Post
                              Perhaps GAS is having a black friday sale?
                              Asking GAS to have a Black Friday sale is like asking your uncle who just gave you $50 for an extra $10 instead of saying thank you. ;)

GAS' stuff is "legit" no BS, real audio equipment.
                              If you like audio, and you don't have one, you're missing out.

Buy it.
                              Don't haggle.

Enjoy real sound.

-Chris
                              Below the radar...

Comment

Its more like forcing me to buy it sooner than later, I can always buy one at the normal price. But when thing are on ssle I tend to have to buy one right then just case ill never know if it will be on sale or not. Ill buy one regardless. But ill probably buy one a few weeks sooner if on sale. I wasn't necessarily asking for a discount just feeling out the black friday situation. I tend to get way ridiculous on my internet spending buying "DEALS" that may never happen again.
                                I'm cooler in person.

Comment

Working...
                                X