No announcement yet.

M54 - MS45.0 & MS45.1 swap flashes available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Based on his option codes I think 7550101, 7550099, or 7550097 would be your best bet. I believe all of the others are for low compression engines, mostly for Asia markets. I would start with 7550101 and see how it runs.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
      Based on his option codes I think 7550101, 7550099, or 7550097 would be your best bet. I believe all of the others are for low compression engines, mostly for Asia markets. I would start with 7550101 and see how it runs.
      Thank you very much. I will go ahead and try it out

Comment

I'm afraid the DME was killed. As I was updating, I got this error. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Isf...w?usp=drivesdk. Now inpa doesn't communicate with the DME neither doesn't winkfp

Comment

I don't think that means it's killed. But you may need to update the program to match whatever ZB# that is first, which should be 7549387A.0pa.

security access denied means the RSA signature check failed. but when you start the flash, the first thing it does is erase the parameter section, so it's not going to talk to INPA until it's flashed.

I would try the 0pa first, and then try the 0da again.
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I don't think that means it's killed. But you may need to update the program to match whatever ZB# that is first, which should be 7549387A.0pa.

security access denied means the RSA signature check failed. but when you start the flash, the first thing it does is erase the parameter section, so it's not going to talk to INPA until it's flashed.
            I would try the 0pa first, and then try the 0da again.
            So I just retried it and it worked. I'm afraid to try the other flahses now though. The guy did say it's running a bit lumpy but I see a ton of errors

Comment

It would honestly be really tough to brick it. You can't write to the boot code on MS45, so there's no real way to break it outside of physical damage.

You probably need to reset adaptations (engine off, ignition on), start it up, clear codes, and restart again.
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

It would honestly be really tough to brick it. You can't write to the boot code on MS45, so there's no real way to break it outside of physical damage.

You probably need to reset adaptations (engine off, ignition on), start it up, clear codes, and restart again.
                I went ahead and flashed 99 and cleared adaptations. Failed to start 2 times but this third start it ran and the idle is much better

Spoke too soon. Lumpy idle is back

I tried flashing all three. 99 and 97 ran better than 101 but it seems to break up after a minute of running
                Last edited by armenh7; 06-19-2018, 11:38 AM.

Comment

ahh, you know what I didn't even think of this properly. He needs to run the tune for an M54B30. Also, the power class has to be modified to match his original value stored in the car.
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

ahh, you know what I didn't even think of this properly. He needs to run the tune for an M54B30. Also, the power class has to be modified to match his original value stored in the car.
                    Yeah I needed the tune for a B30 lol. He swapped it into the car. Any insight on that?

Comment

actually, MS45 doesn't have a power class - 7550125, 7550127, 7550129, and 7574504 are all for an ECE 530i. Same program version.
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

actually, MS45 doesn't have a power class - 7550125, 7550127, 7550129, and 7574504 are all for an ECE 530i. Same program version.
                        I'll try those out and report back

Comment

7574504 seemed to keep the engine the happiest. Now to figure out the o2 sensor errors, crankshaft, camshaft, and BSD errors

Comment

Great!

Probably on his end. I can delete codes and make a signed MS45 file, but not for free. ;)
                            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Great!

Probably on his end. I can delete codes and make a signed MS45 file, but not for free. ;)
                              I don't think masking the codes is a solution yet ;) the engine runs a bit rough when revving. The cluster loses rpm reading above 1500rpm so the errors are actual. They're all signal errors but he said he didn't touch the wiring

Comment

Right, i think those are all probably sensor/rpm errors. A "wrong" tune shouldnt cause those problems.

Did he use the sensors/harness from his old motor or from the new one?
                                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                                X