North/Central Jersey E30 Meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

North/Central Jersey E30 Meet

Hey dudes. Are there any E30 specific meets around the North/Central Jersey area? I hit the regular Cars & Coffee spots and normally I'm the only E30.
    Not including the TopGear meets. Then a whopping 5 E30's will come out.
    Where are all the NJ E30's at?

Any locals want to plan a meet?

I'm down for a jersey meet!

I haven't seen much either, I'm north jersey bmwcca member and they have a few gatherings a year. I've been to a few car shows listed on newjerseycarshow.com but they're mostly muscle cars.

RICHTER MOTOREN

1987 e30 325is Zinno - Restoring
    2004 e46 325xi Alpine - Daily
    2003 e46 330ci Topaz - Sold
    1988 e30 325is Zinno - RIP
    2007 Honda Ody - Family Truckster

'87 325is Restoration Build

Comment

Sweet. Hopefully, we can get some others interested and decide on a date & location.
      Otherwise, I can just post up the local weekly C&C meets so we can get some more E30 showing.

Comment

I'm down to come out! I went to Top Gear cars and coffee on the 6th. I think I was a part of the 5 e30s lol.

Let's set something up!

Comment

I’m in!!!

Bought a 318is about a year ago, then moved to NJ soon after, and I’ve been deperately wanting to get together with some other community members.

Perhaps we should start by identifying our locations, and then maybe we can zero in on a location that’s convenient for us all. I’m in Hawthorne (07506).

Incidentally, I’m planning on attending the Bear Mountain Car Cruise over in NY next week (6/13). Just discovered that they fill up the field adjacent to the Bear Mountain Inn every Wed. Anyone else wanna meet up there?

Hope to hear back!

Ben

Comment

Meet

I’ve been trying to find some sort of an e30 meet for months now. Im in central jersey in East Brunswick. Im in.

Comment

I'm in Edison. Car is in the shop but should be out by july 4 week.

Let's set up something on sun the 8th?

Comment

Hooray!

Great to hear from you, guys!

Sunday July 8th sounds fine by me, as long as we can make it a late morning/noon-ish kind of timeframe (working nights in Manhattan).

Just a suggestion for the location: South Orange. It seems about halfway between us all, there are several large-ish parking lots for an informal meet, there's a Starbucks right there at the train station, and we'll be near Levent at Guten Parts if any of us breaks down (knock on wood)!

Search for 'Sloane Street Parking Lot' in googlemaps - seems big enough for a couplea bimmer dorks to meet, no?

https://goo.gl/maps/WQbKzVTpQG22

Of course, I'm totally open to other suggestions. Feel free...

Ben

Comment

also...

FYI, just PM'd gleon40 and Richter to see if we could get them back into the fray...

Comment

I'm up in the Sparta/Rockaway area

Definitely still interested in the meet but unfortunately can't make it out to this weekend, hope to be at the next one!

RICHTER MOTOREN

1987 e30 325is Zinno - Restoring
                    2004 e46 325xi Alpine - Daily
                    2003 e46 330ci Topaz - Sold
                    1988 e30 325is Zinno - RIP
                    2007 Honda Ody - Family Truckster

'87 325is Restoration Build

Comment

I thought my car would be ready this week but it doesn't look like it! Unless something changes, maybe we can push it?

Comment

I used to organize a monthly E30 meet in Linden a few years ago but attendance was never consistent.

Here's a thought. There is a weekly Cruise night that takes place in Linden at the AMC movie theater parking lot every Monday night. It runs from 4pm-9pm.

Maybe we can start meeting there as a central location for northern/central NJ.
                        - Frank
                        '87 325ic M-Tech 1 For Sale!
                        http://r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=407503
                        Build Thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=229347

Comment

Coming together...

Alrighty, looks like we’re making progress, slowly but surely... :)

Couple of things I’d like to throw out there:

-As fun as that Mon night gig sounds, my instinct is to focus more on daytime meets - that way we’re not poking under each others’ hoods with flashlights, or getting caught in rush hour chaos.

-...And if we’re talking daytime meets, that probably necessitates a Sat/Sun timeframe due to most peoples’ 9-5 weekday stuff (I’m actually an exception to that - I manage a bar in Manhattan most nights, off Wed/Thurs).

SO, to summarize, I’m flexible on the location (I would assume we all are, pretty much), but would heartily vote for a weekend meet. Don’t want to step on anyone’s toes, but that’s my two cents. I’m open to other ideas, of course.

Anyone feel that weekdays are preferable? Let’s take an informal vote and see where we are. Please voice your preference if you’re interested in the meet.

Looking forward to this!

Comment

Originally posted by BHT2109 View Post
                            Alrighty, looks like we’re making progress, slowly but surely... :)

Couple of things I’d like to throw out there:

-As fun as that Mon night gig sounds, my instinct is to focus more on daytime meets - that way we’re not poking under each others’ hoods with flashlights, or getting caught in rush hour chaos.

-...And if we’re talking daytime meets, that probably necessitates a Sat/Sun timeframe due to most peoples’ 9-5 weekday stuff (I’m actually an exception to that - I manage a bar in Manhattan most nights, off Wed/Thurs).

SO, to summarize, I’m flexible on the location (I would assume we all are, pretty much), but would heartily vote for a weekend meet. Don’t want to step on anyone’s toes, but that’s my two cents. I’m open to other ideas, of course.

Anyone feel that weekdays are preferable? Let’s take an informal vote and see where we are. Please voice your preference if you’re interested in the meet.

Looking forward to this!
                            I'm also flexible on weekedays but I'll go with the group consensus.
                            Right now weekday evenings are great since we have longer days and can always move to weekends.

If weekends, my vote is for a Sunday AM (cars and coffee style) 9am-12pm type of meet.
                            - Frank
                            '87 325ic M-Tech 1 For Sale!
                            http://r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=407503
                            Build Thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=229347

Comment

Sundays AM 9-12 works for me!

Comment

Working...
                              X