Falconry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Falconry

Anyone into Falconry? I'm looking to get into the sport/art and I was just wondering your input on it and so forth.

i.e
    What bird you hunt with.
    How long you have done it.
    If you fun or not.
    Stuff like that

this is a friend of mines red tail that he had for about 2 years. Falconry is a private sport that most will not let you into. You have to be mentored for I think 2 years and sign off. Its illegal to have a bird of prey any other way. Its super rewarding but its like taking care of a retarded 2 year old. ITs a full time job and you are tied to the animal for it looks to you for food. Its messy and dirty as well. I can get into it more but on a road trip tomorrow and have to plan. It is rewarding to see them hunt though!

Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

i wouldnt mind getting into this sport. i bet they are hard to hit though. dont they fly pretty high? maybe wait till they swoop down to get their prey and blast em with a 12 ga.
      We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
      www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by blunt View Post
        i wouldnt mind getting into this sport. i bet they are hard to hit though. dont they fly pretty high? maybe wait till they swoop down to get their prey and blast em with a 12 ga.
        I'm pretty sure they aren't hunting falcons.
        "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

haha,

Yeah, they are pretty cool to see. The red tail can catch speeds of up to 200mph when diving for prey. When they hit say a dove the impact is herd from the ground. A puff of feathers and almost every bone is broken when the hawk returns with the dead prey.

The fun part is trapping the hawk and training him to think you are his only food source. thats the trick!
          Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Nice one blunt.....

What's wrong with hunting with your dog? and what are you going to hunt exactly with a damn bird?

Comment

Yeah I just need to find a sponsor to apprentice under.

Comment

Originally posted by Turf1600 View Post
                I'm pretty sure they aren't hunting falcons.
                ya think???

do i need to put a disclaimer at the bottom of each of my posts?

thats it sloan, im crafting a disclaimer just for you.

sales@blunttech.com
                www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

im pretty sure this is a sport for waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffless

sales@blunttech.com
                  www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

ya think???

do i need to put a disclaimer at the bottom of each of my posts?

thats it sloan, im crafting a disclaimer just for you.
                    I feel like you may legitimately want to hunt falcons.
                    "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

I feel like you may legitimately want to hunt falcons.
                      there are many things i wish to hunt but falcons* are not one of them

* this may or may not be true

sales@blunttech.com
                      www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

All that coming from the guy in God's Country. You'd think he would be open to "outdoorsey" type things. I guess he is hooked on assfire inducing tortilla wraps, an indoor sport. (Hafta stay close to the throne)

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                          All that coming from the guy in God's Country. You'd think he would be open to "outdoorsey" type things. I guess he is hooked on assfire inducing tortilla wraps, an indoor sport. (Hafta stay close to the throne)
                          dont jump to conclusions my little bitch, im open to you deep throating me in the great outdoors as soon as it warms up. until then im just biding my time. now while you struggle in vain to come up with a coherent thought i will be in the garage mahal working on my car. i will check back in a few hours.

sales@blunttech.com
                          www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

dont jump to conclusions my little bitch, im open to you deep throating me in the great outdoors as soon as it warms up. until then im just biding my time. now while you struggle in vain to come up with a coherent thought i will be in the garage mahal working on my car. i will check back in a few hours.
                            Is the 2002 running yet?

Comment

now while you struggle in vain to come up with a coherent thought i will be in the garage mahal working on my car. i will check back in a few hours.
                              Translation: My 02 is still not done, I've got flauta's on the griddle, after that, chipotle guava sauce on mango slices, then off to the throne to curl up with a well worn copy of The Saturday Evening Post, and a fresh 4-pack of Charmin.

Is the 2002 running yet?
                              Zing... Great minds.

Comment

Working...
                              X