No announcement yet.

Cross Brace for your E30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All braces made and shipped. I have two left. Ready to ship today.
    Custom Made Skid Plates For Sale.
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=111469
    http://raceskids.com/

Comment

Originally posted by ejnight View Post
      All braces made and shipped. I have two left. Ready to ship today.
      PM me a price shipped to business zipcode 11236.

I'm interested.
      IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Got it today, can't wait to install it. Looks freakin great, very nice quality :)

Comment

First impressions, holy increased vibrations batman!! Car feels way more solid but the vibration is really killing me. I wonder if there are rubber bushings that we could use...any ideas?

Hoveringuy, did you feel more body vibration once you installed your brace? *edit* Looking over the pics of your install, where did you put the big black washers/spacers?

Comment

Originally posted by dude8383 View Post
            First impressions, holy increased vibrations batman!! Car feels way more solid but the vibration is really killing me. I wonder if there are rubber bushings that we could use...any ideas?

Hoveringuy, did you feel more body vibration once you installed your brace? *edit* Looking over the pics of your install, where did you put the big black washers/spacers?
            The vibration is probably because of your worn suspension. Since those four mounting points are more solid now all your movement is happening in other parts of your suspension rather than between those four mounting points. I too noticed my worn suspension more after I installed Eric's cross brace.
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by Wishno87 View Post
              The vibration is probably because of your worn suspension. Since those four mounting points are more solid now all your movement is happening in other parts of your suspension rather than between those four mounting points. I too noticed my worn suspension more after I installed Eric's cross brace.
              Dude all of my bushings are brand spankin new. Control arms are new, THR lollipops are new...those can't get old, my tie rods are brand new and my engine mounts are brand new.

Nothing on the car is more than 6000 miles old. Where did you place those black spacers?

Comment

Dude all of my bushings are brand spankin new. Control arms are new, THR lollipops are new...those can't get old, my tie rods are brand new and my engine mounts are brand new.

Nothing on the car is more than 6000 miles old. Where did you place those black spacers?
                the spacers are used on the rack bolts. if you have the skid plate us one and if not use two.

Comment

Well then im at a loss
                  Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by ejnight View Post
                    the spacers are used on the rack bolts. if you have the skid plate us one and if not use two.
                    hey man, replied to your email. i will snap a couple pics in a minutes because i gotta under there anyway.

Originally posted by Wishno87 View Post
                    Well then im at a loss
                    don't worry about, from ejnight's email i have a feeling i installed the spacers incorrectly.

Comment

Is it okay for me to be posting all of this stuff here or should I start a new thread?

So I realized that I'm a douche :) The two spacers need to be installed between the brace and the subframe. I'll let the pics tell the story.

How I initially installed it:

How it's supposed to be installed:

I added another spacers just for good measure :)

I also wanted to show the clearance for between subframe and brace:

Ejnight let me know if you want me to remove this so as not to pollute this classifieds ad. Vibration is now wayyyy more tolerable, its not bad at idle and nearly goes away at speed. I'm a very happy customer.
                      Last edited by dude8383; 08-31-2009, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Im would also think the vibrations you are feeling are the result of having a much 'tighter' suspension with all of your new bushings & tying it tight with the brace. Just me humble opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Cha Ching View Post
                          Im would also think the vibrations you are feeling are the result of having a much 'tighter' suspension with all of your new bushings & tying it tight with the brace. Just me humble opinion.
                          you're most certainly correct. there is more vibration but definitely not the kind of vibration that i was feeling earlier.

either way this brace is awesome :)

Comment

you're most certainly correct. there is more vibration but definitely not the kind of vibration that i was feeling earlier.

either way this brace is awesome :)

Good news. All shipped with two left in stock ready to go.

Comment

is it $399 shipped, or plus shipping

Comment

Originally posted by whysimon View Post
                                is it $399 shipped, or plus shipping
                                $399 gets you the cross brace and skid Plate. Shipping will run $35 to TN. paypal is order@raceskids.com Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X