• Show
Clear All

Turbo Kit Price List

Street Turbo Kit (8psi, no ems, no IC) - $2295

Stage 1 (8psi, pnp ems, SMIC) - $2995

Forum Special (8psi, pnp ems, FMIC) - $2950

Stage 2 (12psi, pnp ems, FMIC) - $3395

Stage 3 (16psi, pnp ems, larger FMIC) - $4495

I can also build one off custom kits for you. Your choice of any turbo, any kind of engine management. Custom turbo manifolds, custom front mount setups, everything to your specification.

I have also done built turbo crate m20s. blueprinted, balanced, and tuned, ready to be dropped into a car. contact me for more info.

All-Red/MHW style Professional Tinted Tail lights
    PnP EMS, fuel injectors, wideband o2 systems

Comment

Just had to dig this thread up, I had a dream about that pink m20 turbo....free bump
      Supatek -noun - your basic know it all

Comment

i can still make these if anyone is interested.

Comment

still drooling...

and still looking for a damn E30 :(

you guys recommend a Haltech ECU? Found a place that tunes these along with MoTec and others.
          Alpine White 1989 E30 Coupe - LS1/T56

Comment

I'll take one for my obd1 s52 when you come out with the kit for it.

Comment

Originally posted by blueapplesoda View Post
              Turbo Kit Price List

Street Turbo Kit (8psi, no ems, no IC) - $2295

Stage 1 (8psi, pnp ems, SMIC) - $2995

Forum Special (8psi, pnp ems, FMIC) - $2950

Stage 2 (12psi, pnp ems, FMIC) - $3395

Stage 3 (16psi, pnp ems, larger FMIC) - $4495

I can also build one off custom kits for you. Your choice of any turbo, any kind of engine management. Custom turbo manifolds, custom front mount setups, everything to your specification.

I have also done built turbo crate m20s. blueprinted, balanced, and tuned, ready to be dropped into a car. contact me for more info.
              Hey i was wondering... by "pnp ems" do you mean "plug-in-pretuned." I know last month you mentioned that ems's come base tuned... just wondering if anything has changed since then. I'll be in the market for something like that very soon, as i'm starting to question the dependabillity of my 20 year old dinan ems.

Dave
              E30 Dinan Turbo

Comment

So 3000 Shipped for the Forum Special. This is designed to run all day long on a stock M20 correct? The EMS is 'ready to run' essentially? So install and drive? Some custom tuning could work out a little more power I guess...

Similar questions to Dave I guess.

Comment

i'm a bit confused -- can all of the "stages" with intercoolers be done without an a/c delete? do you have any dyno plots and videos/pictures of cars with the setups?

i'm currently in the market for a complete bolt-on kit.

thanks!
                  -aurash

Comment

More info on the S5X kits? :D

Comment

Wow this is enticing.
                      Hows the stock clutch hold up to this kit?
                      Last edited by Moto-Mucci; 10-29-2009, 09:57 AM.

Comment

How do these kits compare to the TDC Stage 1 kit?

Comment

everyones day off? lol

and still looking for a damn E30

you guys recommend a Haltech ECU? Found a place that tunes these along with MoTec and others.
                          I have experience tuning haltech ecu's and of course megasquirt ecu's, and I'll tell you that they both have their pros and cons. Majority of the engine management units on the market are pretty similar in function, since they all do one thing, manage an engine. Of course the higher end ems's will allow greater functionality with technologically newer motors.

Hey i was wondering... by "pnp ems" do you mean "plug-in-pretuned."
                          By PNP I mean it is pre-tuned so that the end user does not have to 'guess' at majority of the options in the ecu, just fine tuning of the fuel and ignition maps. I highly recommend that the car be taken to a tuner to have dialed in further. Let's just say there is a rather conservative tune pre-loaded onto the ecu just to be safe.

The PNP EMS in this kit requires you to change a few vital sensors. These sensors will need to be calibrated to each individual car, after the installation has been completed.

This is designed to run all day long on a stock M20 correct? The EMS is 'ready to run' essentially? So install and drive? Some custom tuning could work out a little more power I guess...
                          it is almost essential to use good quality hardware and stronger gaskets when converting these motors to forced induction. Other than those two things, the rest will work fine, stock.

in my experience, every motor that has used a factory set of head bolts has had a failed headgasket running low boost (8-15psi). It's just a matter of time.

i'm a bit confused -- can all of the "stages" with intercoolers be done without an a/c delete?
                          Simply, yes.

You do not have to perform an 'a/c delete' to install our turbo kits. Though, our front mount intercooler setups do require you to cut the sheet metal under the headlights. We have done kit's that require no cutting of any chassis components, but the piping scheme has too many bends, tubing size reductions and is just plain ineffecient.

Wow this is enticing.
                          Hows the stock clutch hold up to this kit?
                          Maybe 5,000 miles, maybe 10,000 miles max, at 8psi. I think the stock clutch holds about 220lbs or tq. I recommend a HD pressure plate and/or a better clutch disc. If you are thinking of more power, than maybe a pucked clutch and strong pressure plate.

How do these kits compare to the TDC Stage 1 kit?
                          Pros of our kits:

-front mounted intercooler
                          -stock fuel pump retained
                          -no fpr to "bypass" the ecu, or to strain the stock fuel system
                          -stock ems is replaced with a fully-tunable engine management
                          -afm delete
                          -throttle response vastly improved
                          -wideband o2 sensor
                          -additional ECU outputs for expandability
                          ---Some of the many possible features is boost control, nitrous/vanos solenoid control, wasted spark, COP, knock sensing, accessory relay control, water injection, etc., etc.
                          -a/c retained
                          -if a metallic catalyst is installed, it can pass the CA sniffer test, albeit won't pass visual unless you get a dimwitted smog tech.

Cons(or not, depending on how you look at it) of our kits:

motor preparation is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED, for longevity and dependability
                          fuel economy reduced
                          chassis may need to be clearanced
                          stock driveability is improved (takes time to get used to)
                          being bit by the boost bug
                          may induce leadfootinitis

Notes:

It took a long time to find the correct "recipe" for a turbo m20, so I'm here to help those who are looking for a solution. What I suggest to everyone is from experience, not forum hearsay bullshit. I've tested everything, everyday for the last 2 years, all in my daily e30. It has seen track time, highway cruising, canyon driving, sitting in a drive-thru, stuck in traffic, and just plain ol boost happy down the street.

This is what the base tune will do:

dyno plot shows stock engine, stock ecu, turbo kit installed, DMS pnp ems.

8 Psi
                          224.7 whp
                          252.7 ft/lbs

Comment

So the 12psi kit... what would you recommend?

New Clutch and PP assembly and it will run out of the box but a better tune would be a better idea? Can most tuners use the ECU that it comes with? There are some local shops but I don't know if anyone knows that particular setup.

12psi probably want a headgasket and new headbolts/studs. Rest could be left stock? I have a m20b25 so just kind of weighing options. Still don't know if m52 swap and turbo would be better... who knows?

Comment

looks like a sweet kit. any plans to fabricate a turbo kit for us 24V e30 guys? i would buy a bolt on kit for 24V e30 rite now if you had it.
                              IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

I probably would too

Comment

Working...
                                X