X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeler: Carbon Fiber Door Panels

THIS GROUP BUY IS NOW CLOSED.
    ---------------------

The factory offers a 15% discount for group buys of 10 or more sets, and we are well above that.

PRODUCT DETAILS: http://www.performance-trim.com/prod...p?product_id=6

PRICE: Our final price with a 15% discount is:

* Door panels (pair) ---- $123.18
    * Rear quarters (pair) -- $108.70

ORDER DETAILS: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...&postcount=138

Alex
    Last edited by flipper325es; 11-03-2009, 06:34 AM.

Wow, this is kickass. This would be 4 panels, one for each door and one for the rear under the quarter glass for coupes, correct?
    '89 325i track sloot
    '01 530i daily

-Enginerd

Comment

Count me as a definite.
      DD -1991 318is panda
      time travel vehicle - 1987 stupid light e30 2.9 m50/m52 all alum, rear H1E turbo

Comment

Originally posted by whiltebeitel View Post
        Wow, this is kickass. This would be 4 panels, one for each door and one for the rear under the quarter glass for coupes, correct?
        All panels are available, but are sold in sets of two. Here is the list pricing:

front door trims (pair) $144.92

rear-quarter trims (pair) $127.88

(4 DOOR models) front door trims (pair)
        $144.92

(4 DOOR models) rear door trims (pair) $144.92

Alex

Comment

assuming these aren't reinforced and only for racing use?
          -Alex

Comment

Wow. I think it's a fuhraze mod if you don't have a dedicated track car, but I'm still listensing.

Have you set this up yet? Most are going to want to be able to pay the supplier directly vs giving money over to someone who just signed up on the forum. Just saying.

Are they going to be shipped from the factory straight to us? Or will they all be shipped to you or someone else in the US to be shipped again from that point?
            Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
            Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
            One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by redmist View Post
              Count me as a definite.
              Great!!

Would you want the rear-quarter trims too? Or just the front panels? See my previous post.

Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Uber E30 View Post
                Reinforced with or for what? The door panels in our cars already are that thin fiberboard type stuff.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by Uber E30 View Post
                  They have both race and street versions, pre-drilled to order:

1) Street: slightly larger, covering whole door (2-door only):

2) Race 1: 1.5 mm thickness

3) Race 2: 0.8 mm thickness

1.5 mm (0.060") carbon fiber is much stronger than the stock cardboard panel. Of course, it's no substitute for a roll cage.

Alex

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                    Wow. I think it's a fuhraze mod if you don't have a dedicated track car, but I'm still listensing.

Have you set this up yet? Most are going to want to be able to pay the supplier directly vs giving money over to someone who just signed up on the forum. Just saying.

Are they going to be shipped from the factory straight to us? Or will they all be shipped to you or someone else in the US to be shipped again from that point?
                    Not yet. I just posted on several forums, trying to gauge the interest. I have no problem with folks paying the manufacturer directly -- in fact, I'd prefer it.

The panels will be shipped bundled from the factory to my employer's division in the UK, then to the US on one of our pallets. This will save a ton on trans-Atlantic shipping. I will then ship them out within the US. My FedEx rates are lower than even USPS.

Alex

Comment

Put me down for the "Race" 1.5mm, front panels, with a cutout for the release handle and upper door pull hole. Also for the fastener kit and leather door straps.
                      '89 325i track sloot
                      '01 530i daily

-Enginerd

Comment

Originally posted by whiltebeitel View Post
                        Put me down for the "Race" 1.5mm, front panels, with a cutout for the release handle and upper door pull hole. Also for the fastener kit and leather door straps.
                        You got it! :D

Comment

OK, that's what we have so far:

1. flipper325es -- 1.5 mm Race
                          2. redmist -- 1.5 mm Race (I assume - TBC)
                          3. whiltebeitel -- 1.5 mm Race

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                            Reinforced with or for what? The door panels in our cars already are that thin fiberboard type stuff.
                            Oh ballls... i thought he ment the body panel... not door cards! Disregard my previous question.
                            -Alex

Comment

Originally posted by flipper325es View Post
                              Not yet. I just posted on several forums, trying to gauge the interest. I have no problem with folks paying the manufacturer directly -- in fact, I'd prefer it.

The panels will be shipped bundled from the factory to my employer's division in the UK, then to the US on one of our pallets. This will save a ton on trans-Atlantic shipping. I will then ship them out within the US. My FedEx rates are lower than even USPS.

Alex
                              What is a realistic delivery time after the order has been placed and paid for?

I'm interested in this as well.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Working...
                              X