Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

325IX restore and build continued(turbo, e34ix diff, DCT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cant wait to see it run

Comment

Originally posted by 2002tiiguy View Post
      cant wait to see it run
      +1 :d
      E30 325ix M50 turbo 7 spd DCT 4wd 840awhp @ 31 psi.
      E30 M50 6 spd 764whp @ 24psi.
      E30 M20 6 spd 675whp.

Comment

Videos to come this weekend [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Dude, seriously impressed you pulled this off. M20 with DCT has to be a first!

Also glad my E34ix parts went to good use - god knows they'd still be collecting dust in my garage otherwise (like everything else I own).
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

How are you liking the 3576 so far? Sounds great in the video.
              1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
              1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                Dude, seriously impressed you pulled this off. M20 with DCT has to be a first!

Also glad my E34ix parts went to good use - god knows they'd still be collecting dust in my garage otherwise (like everything else I own).
                Thanks, it's been a ton of hard work and one hell of a learning in experience!

Also your e34 parts are in a good home and will be well used :)

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
                  How are you liking the 3576 so far? Sounds great in the video.
                  Honestly hard to say because I have yet to actually get into it, however at partial throttle its easily builds 15lbs of boost! I think it's going to be a great turbo though.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Is there a way to reduce the delay between when you move the lever and it actually shifts? That's the one thing that I don't like about DCTs. Is it tunable on these?
                    sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

Originally posted by econti View Post
                      Is there a way to reduce the delay between when you move the lever and it actually shifts? That's the one thing that I don't like about DCTs. Is it tunable on these?
                      To be honest I thought the same thing watching videos but when your in the car it's way faster then what videos make out to be.

In still learning the tuning process of it but I believe that is the next clutch shortly engaging to get it up to speed, which is adjustable, everything is adjustable lol

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

You can enable gear pre-selection for almost instant up shifts :)
                        E30 325ix M50 turbo 7 spd DCT 4wd 840awhp @ 31 psi.
                        E30 M50 6 spd 764whp @ 24psi.
                        E30 M20 6 spd 675whp.

Comment

Oh cool. That was one thing I noticed with my brother in law's Golf R, that in standard form it had that delay, but with a DSG tune it was instant. Very nice
                          sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

Well, I have killed my first transfercase. Not to bad for probably 100's of awd launches.

Honestly though I think its self inflicted. When I had everything apart last year I changed all the fluids and it was pretty low, and considering they don't hold much to begin with doesn't help.

It's a good thing I hord ix parts, time to pick the next lucky candidate.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Yep that odda do it

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

smeshed

Comment

Working...
                                X