F15 X5: Good Choice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
    Nice! Mocha is worth the wait the extra stitching, leather dash and overall feel makes the interior a much nicer place to be.

I wish I could go non-runflats, We have the third row so no space for the space saver spare.

I second getting the invisahitch, expensive but the best solution for these SUVs.

Well I am from the east coast, moved to downtown Chicago across from Union Station about 6 years ago, now I live in the North Shore area.
    Thanks! We kinda wanted the 3rd row, but our fam still has two 7-seater Volvo station wagons we could whip out in case needed. :D

Also re: invisahitch, is this just the OEM kit with the cross tube?

And cool! I used to live in Lincoln Park and Lake View so pretty close. Also worked in the loop (135 LaSalle) and west loop-ish (540 Madison). I’m planning to road trip back out there either this summer or fall to visit some old buddies. Will have to bring the E30 to relive good times.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
    1983 Peugeot 505 STI
    1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
    2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
      our fam still has two 7-seater Volvo station wagons we could whip out in case needed
      pics or they don't exist.
      If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

The invisihitch is a custom hitch with OEM wiring / computer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It's a beautiful car. I hope they like it and it doesn't have too many issues. I would have tried to steer them towards a 3 series wagon instead, unless they actually need something that large. Better on fuel and can still tow a small trailer.
          Plug and Play Wiring Harness Adapters for S54, S50, M54 and more.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
            pics or they don't exist.

Ask, and thou shall receive:

1992 Volvo 245 Euro Delivery. M47 5-speed, LSD, tons of IPD suspension bits and other rando bits. Parents are the original owners and I was brought home from the hospital as a newborn in it. We have put 400K on the original engine, which recently developed a leaky HG.

Plans are to build it a 16V Turbo setup on a low mileage 93/94 b230 block, T5 tranny swap, bigger breaks, and body & paint.

And here's the 2002 Volvo Cross Country, also Euro Delivery. Parents bought it new and it's really hasn't aged very gracefully. 250K miles, is on its fourth transmission. Overall pretty lousy Ford Motor Co build quality of the early 00s, but comfy and still looks great IMO.

Also, the unveiling went well today. Mom is loving her new X5.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
            1983 Peugeot 505 STI
            1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
            2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

:nice:
              If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Working...
              X