V8 Wide Spring Rates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V8 Wide Spring Rates?

Looking for ideas on spring rates for my stupid build i started years ago. i dont fuck with the track its always on the street i live in cali, the roads aint horrible where im at. i want handling but nothing uncomfortable.
    it has an s62 with 6 speed, 5 lug, and 285/30/18 all around, i got adjustable sway bars and poly bushings everywhere

I was thinking about the BC Linear or Digressive coilovers
    or GC/Koni/camber plates since i have some of those parts already.

Using the search had me leaning towards 450lbs front and 600-650 rear. stiff sway in the front soft in the back.

Ive never had to pick spring rates before any help is appreciated.

Originally posted by ogslick View Post
    Looking for ideas on spring rates for my stupid build i started years ago. i dont fuck with the track its always on the street i live in cali, the roads aint horrible where im at. i want handling but nothing uncomfortable.

it has an s62 with 6 speed, 5 lug, and 285/30/18 all around, i got adjustable sway bars and poly bushings everywhere

I was thinking about the BC Linear or Digressive coilovers

or GC/Koni/camber plates since i have some of those parts already.

Using the search had me leaning towards 450lbs front and 600-650 rear. stiff sway in the front soft in the back.

Ive never had to pick spring rates before any help is appreciated.

Email Blunttech, they will help you!

Comment

blunttech? they aint shit.

Comment

V8 Wide Spring Rates?

Originally posted by ogslick View Post
        blunttech? they aint shit.

You posted asking for help.
        I just said they will HELP you. That’s why we’re responding, to help you. If you don’t want help than don’t post. You don’t have to attack. Simple as that. Good luck.

Ps, last I check blunttech had a e30 with a swapped drivetrain from an e60 M5.
        I’m sure they can help you in your efforts to choose a spring rate that you know nothing about.
        Last edited by Sonny; 04-27-2019, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Appreciate your effort to help Sonny but it didn't work out they don't sell any custom springs or race products so I'm not comfortable or interested in their opinion at all.. If you work there excuse me I didn't mean to dis you

I came here to talk to my people, not a shop!

Comment

Well, I talked to GC folks a while ago with regard to my ls1 swap, with the same type of driving. They recommended exactly what you mentioned in your post, 450f and 600/650r...

Comment

Working...
            X