Keep hearing clunk at every speedbump?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep hearing clunk at every speedbump?

I have a new hub I just received but yet to install. I dropped a wheel last week like an idiot, I’m Using original bottle cap spare tire and aired up to 33psi with new tire and brand new lug bolts.

She has new control arms , sway bar links, and tie rods. Clunk keeps happening at the begging of driveway or speedbump and only one or twice max. Very sketchy, if anybody may help me in knowing what it could be please before I throw parts at it and replace control arm again as I don’t have any money left to spend on this car right now. It has less than 5 miles on front suspension refresh. Thank you all !

There seems to be no play when I move and pull the wheel while it’s in the air.
    I also can’t replicate the clunk by bouncing on the door frame or pushing down on fender. Only happens while moving approaching any driveway entrance, especially straight on. Sideways seems to prevent noise.

You all know more than me , does anyone know what I should test out or replace?

Clunk only happens at a heavy deflection like when I first enter driveway and suspension compresses. Please help?

How old are the struts? You may have have play in the shaft causing the noise.
    Last edited by Caperix; 05-03-2019, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Check the gland nut for the shock, also check the top shock nut to the top mount.

1992 M tech 2 Convertible - S50 Swap
      1992 e34 Touring- S50 Swap
      1992 325i-S50 Swap (SOLD)

1995 e36 M3 Mugello Red - S50 (SOLD)
      1991 325i Convertible Laguna Green (SOLD)
      1987 325i (SOLD);1992 M tech 2 Convertible (SOLD)
      1988 325i Convertible Alpine White (SOLD)
      Brilliantrot Convertible 80k Miles (SOLD)
      1992 325i Convertible Schwarz (SOLD)
      1992 318i Convertible Project-Finished (SOLD)

Comment

Working...
      X