Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not a turbo guy at all, so please forgive me if this is a stupid question. But why does a different turbo change how badly it needs a tune? What it it's current driving characteristics with the S256? What kind of turbo lag does it have?
    My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

The car runs an electromotive tecgt ecu. While it is a great system you cant edit the current tune unless you have the original file. Which I dont.. So its a start from scratch deal. A different turbo will move a different amount of air and respond differently. The borg is a much better fit (math says so) but I havent drove the car more than across the street to the shop for storage since installing the bw. I bought the bw, a meth kit (another reason for needing a new tune), and a few other things and then decided to go back to school. Thats pretty much where all my race car dreams died.. I cant get the car on the road to tune it because I cant afford to license or insure it. Its not drivable as it sits. It will idle and ive got lots of footage of the car driving on the old setup and can get a new startup video once I get back from school. I dont really want to sell it but it bums me out that its just sitting there... I figure someone who has the time and money can enjoy it. I can always build another one later in life. Plus I could use the money. I go to the cheapest school in the country and the cost is still ridiculous.

Comment

Im intrigued but not sure I should swing it. What software is needed to tune the tecgt?
        318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
        '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

The software is a free download right from electromotives site. Its the wintec4

http://electromotive.com/support/software-downloads/

Comment

Hey guys, New to the forum, Im from south Denver, looking to pickup my first E30, Looking for RWD, Manual, and preferably a coupe, needs to be a solid daily driver and no clear coat failure would be a huge plus! my budget is 3300$ any leads or input would be appreciated! Thanks!
            86' E30 Plenty Slow And kinda Ugly

sigpic

Comment

Also I suppose I should introduce my self, my names chase, people call me butters, ive always loved E30s and its time i finally get one (when I find one that is) Ive owned a variety of cars, most currently is my 2009 STI that now just sits as it needs a motor. However my favorite car that I have owned would probably be my 2010 E90 Space grey 335! Hope to see you guys around when I finally find the right E30!
              86' E30 Plenty Slow And kinda Ugly

sigpic

Comment

Feels good to finally be back in Colorado for good...

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Welcome back. You graduate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                    Welcome back. You graduate?
                    Sure did... Finally lol

Went on a drive today. It's nice to live near-ish to fun roads again.

DSC_5355 by Phillip Keefe, on Flickr

DSC_5396 by Phillip Keefe, on Flickr

DSC_5412 by Phillip Keefe, on Flickr

DSC_5401 by Phillip Keefe, on Flickr

DSC_5399 by Phillip Keefe, on Flickr

DSC_5430 by Phillip Keefe, on Flickr

DSC_5445 by Phillip Keefe, on Flickr

DSC_5478 by Phillip Keefe, on Flickr

Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Ugh.

Your pictures are not helping calm my impatience to move home.

In other news, I did a thing that makes cool noises!

in car sounds:

can't wait to hear that echoing up and down P2P highway...
                      2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                      95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                      98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

That is glorious.

Comment

I'm thinking about selling my turbo '89 325i for $6,000. Is that reasonable? Car has 213k miles, I was really going for the OEM+ look. I have all of the parts to put it back to stock including full exhaust, ECU, injectors etc.. which makes it a little easier to get emissioned.

Highlights: HC1 turbo with BEP exhaust housing, tuned on megasquirt, S3.73 LSD, Euroweaves. Runs and drives great stock or turbo.

Car:

-

-

Part List:
                          Google Spreadsheet

Comment

Any recommendations for places to get a rebuilt driveshaft for a manual late model e30 325i?

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                              Any recommendations for places to get a rebuilt driveshaft for a manual late model e30 325i?
                              Either buy new from BMW or have yours overhauled locally.

If you go local, Bill's Englewood Driveshaft or Rocky Mountain Driveline Spec are pretty good. Make sure they replace the CSB (you should just buy a new one from BMW and bring it with the drive-shaft)

Comment

Anyone know of any Verts in a Junkyard in or around Denver ? Im looking for the seal that clips onto the top of the rear panels (doorcard if there was a door there) I really only need the passenger side one. The seal goes on the inside of the window when its up. PM me if anyone has or knows where one is , thx.

Comment

Working...
                                X