September 6th when I go back <3
    BMW tech
    Umass Amherst
    05 wrx sti

Comment

Finals week

Comment

September 5th for me.

One of my classes is "dropped" and now wait listed in another. Thanks for the funding cuts Scott walker.
        1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
        willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by MF DOOM View Post
          My Phys2 prof told us on monday that, "The retention of knowledge rate for the class is 20-40%." Whats the point of even having a class like that?
          That depends on the person. Honestly I took a lot away from my engineering physics 2 class a few semesters ago, it was based on all electrostatics and electricity. Doing automation stuff and learning how to build controls for them a lot of the ideas get applied so that probably helped me retain a lot of it. Most people will never need or use anything learned in physics 2
          -Dee
          5-lugged turbo 318is Barn car
          IG: @deebelmont

Comment

Originally posted by MF DOOM View Post
            Two days in and Im already struggling... Gotta find some motivation and quick

My Phys2 prof told us on monday that, "The retention of knowledge rate for the class is 20-40%." Whats the point of even having a class like that?
            That's generally the type of prof that wants to not be bothered with those that are defeated by that sort of statement. That way you get people to drop the course, not attend, or just put in a half way effort.

This makes the work easier for the prof/TAs, and means that the students who remain and are serious tend to get a better learning environment/more attention.

That, or the professor is just a dick and wants you all to know how stupid you are compared to their almighty personage.

Comment

I started my math portion of my MBA class last night... pft, WTF is an interger?!
              Toyota Pickup

Comment

Pretty bummed I can't take my cad 3 class since it turns out only 6 people registered for it. I don't need it to graduate but still I wanted to learn inventor, guess I'll do it on my own.

But last semester at community college, I need to figure out where to transfer to now. I'll have an AS in Engineering Science and definitely want to continue engineering. I'm leaning towards electrical engineering since I really enjoy doing controls, systems, and digital logic stuff. Any suggestions on schools? I'm currently looking into:
                - Manhattan College
                - NYIT
                - SUNY Maritime
                - NJIT
                - University of Maryland Baltimore County (as a suggestion from my boss)

Anything local to the NY tri-state would be nice to keep costs down, but not going to deny at least applying out of state. Thanks for the input in advance fellow R3v engineers ;)
                -Dee
                5-lugged turbo 318is Barn car
                IG: @deebelmont

Comment

History 335 class got officially canceled, was a perfect class knocking out 2 Gen Ed credit requirements too....

I can tell already I'm not going to like my Javascript class or my Project Management class.
                  1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                  willschnitz

Comment

I'm hoping this is my last year at community college. Changed my major last year and all of my previous credits don't really go towards Computer Science (new major)

Anyway, I'm taking cool classes so that's nice.

1991 325i
                    flickr
                    @sambhaskins

Comment

Originally posted by ccsdo5 View Post
                      digital logic
                      No suggestions for school. Just wanted to state how much I hate everything digital.

Comment

This school stuff is totally kicking my ass. I was supposed to be going full time, but the counselor talked me into taking only 2 classes because I'm new at this, and then the placement put me in too high of a math, so I ended up with only one class. I guess I'm glad though because this is proving to be so insanely difficult, I'm a 38 y/o freshman with little education past 5th grade and holy shit this stuff is hard, and I have PTSD triggers based around school which isn't helping. My homework that's supposed to take a few hours takes me two fucking days to get through. I don't even have a major or know what I am doing, I feel like I am wasting my time, but I really need to figure out how to earn a living wage, somehow.

Sorry, just had to vent, don't really have people to talk about this with.
                        sigpic
                        1991 325i Sport - Calypsorot Metallic - DAILY DRIVEN

WTB in SoCal: 8"/10" Lukebox, leather Sport steering wheel, 60L MotoMeter fuel gauge, Thule/Yakima roof rack

Comment

No more school for me! Out in the adult world living it up. Feels good to be making some adult money as a structural/mechanical engineer.

Glad to see so many engineering majors being pursued in this thread. Good luck to you all. There were a ton of dropouts at my university, but then again a lot of people were able to make it through.
                          My previous build (currently E30-less)
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

^^^ I would LOVE to be an engineer, I have absolutely no faith I could pull it off though. I found out recently my grandfather was some sort of engineer, he's the only college educated blood relative I am aware of. I have been having a lot of trouble coming up with a major I am both interested in and feel I am capable of getting through.

Really hoping I can figure out a way to earn some of this "adult money" before I get too old, if I'm not already. You guys who are able to do this school stuff in your 20s are SO lucky.
                            sigpic
                            1991 325i Sport - Calypsorot Metallic - DAILY DRIVEN

WTB in SoCal: 8"/10" Lukebox, leather Sport steering wheel, 60L MotoMeter fuel gauge, Thule/Yakima roof rack

Comment

Originally posted by Vincent Brick View Post
                              This school stuff is totally kicking my ass. I was supposed to be going full time, but the counselor talked me into taking only 2 classes because I'm new at this, and then the placement put me in too high of a math, so I ended up with only one class. I guess I'm glad though because this is proving to be so insanely difficult, I'm a 38 y/o freshman with little education past 5th grade and holy shit this stuff is hard, and I have PTSD triggers based around school which isn't helping. My homework that's supposed to take a few hours takes me two fucking days to get through. I don't even have a major or know what I am doing, I feel like I am wasting my time, but I really need to figure out how to earn a living wage, somehow.

Sorry, just had to vent, don't really have people to talk about this with.
                              It's never too late to get a degree, there is people in my classes that are 50+ so you're golden. You can take different classes and see what interest you the most and go from there. If you enjoy the class material, it will stick better and you'll also comprhend it faster. Keep working at it!

Comment

Anybody here in medical school? I'm thinking about going back to study something with medicine, what exactly I don't really know. All I know is that I don't feel like going back to manufacturing, whether it's working on a shop floor or being an engineer. I did that for six years and it felt pointless and draining. I want to do something that feels like I am improving somebody's life; the only problem is that I'm a very introverted, quiet person. I've always liked learning about all the different ways the body works so I'm not scared of the massive amount of info I need to learn, I just feel like once I were to step foot in a hospital I would be horribly awkward. Plus, since I turn 30 this month, I feel too old.
                                My Feedback

Comment

Working...
                                X