OFFICIAL Land Rover thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love them.

I tell anyone looking at them to run away.

It's a buy at your own risk, YMMV thing. I'm not going to encourage anyone (mostly friends and friends of friends) to buy one as once it turns tits up they'll come to me for help saying, "You told me to buy it"

....butttt, they are amazing trucks. I love them.
    1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Back in the game

Picked up an RRC this past week. I’m already questioning my decision. Born in 1989, she dawns an Eastnor Green and tan color with just 83k miles.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 5ickride View Post
        Picked up an RRC this past week. I’m already questioning my decision. Born in 1989, she dawns an Eastnor Green and tan color with just 83k miles.
        Beautiful Classic, love the green.
        2004 BMW e60 525i - Daily
        1996 BMW e36 M3 - Toy
        1994 Jeep Wrangler - Summer Toy
        1993 Range Rover Classic - Handsome Looker that never gets driven

Comment

That looks super clean, which I could find something like that, you must have paid a premium in NJ.

Comment

Originally posted by jrossowvue30 View Post
            Beautiful Classic, love the green.
            Originally posted by mbonder View Post
            That looks super clean, which I could find something like that, you must have paid a premium in NJ.
            Thanks! I found it down by Charlotte on CL. Owner was an indy shop who had just picked it up a week prior from what he believes was the original owner, at least that's what it shows on the carfax. I honestly didnt pay too much. But i also didnt get to see it in person just some pics and some facetime. It was a gamble for sure, but one i think paid off from what i'm seeing.

Keep looking, there's def some deals out there on these.

Comment

Down south, that explains it. I don't think you could find a beauty like that up here in NJ.

Really nice find!

Comment

For contrast, here's an "Original" NAS Defender
                Rolled over
                Frame replaced
                Evidence of rust
                Motor swap
                Automatic swap
                "Driver" quality paint in the wrong color
                Wrong wheels
                Wheels and bars should be white
                WY plates but of course it's in Los Angeles

Current Bid $100,000

Can you believe this stuff?

Enjoy your RRC - it's the same truck underneath.

Bid for the chance to own a 4.2L-Powered 1993 Land Rover Defender 110 NAS at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #7,449.

Click image for larger version

Name:	NAS.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	7193607

Comment

I mean, its a NAS 110, they are like 80k starting for a pile of rust.
                  1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                  willschnitz

Comment

^
                    Those were only imported for 90 and 91 and less than 200 of them in NAS spec... Rare desirable beast that the Feds cant come take away from you when they think it looks too new because it has a US VIN tag..
                    Originally posted by Fusion
                    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                    William Pitt-

Comment

yes yes..... It's NOT a $100,000 vehicle. ^^ These guy's early RRC's are nearly identical underneath, just 10" less wheelbase. It's a glorified tractor, and this one has been wrecked, rusted, rebuilt, painted over, and now he thinks it's worth a fortune.

<EDIT> You can buy a 1992 Defender now, legally, and do the same amount of work this guy did, and be out of there for 25 or 30k - same car.

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
                        yes yes..... It's NOT a $100,000 vehicle. ^^ These guy's early RRC's are nearly identical underneath, just 10" less wheelbase. It's a glorified tractor, and this one has been wrecked, rusted, rebuilt, painted over, and now he thinks it's worth a fortune.

<EDIT> You can buy a 1992 Defender now, legally, and do the same amount of work this guy did, and be out of there for 25 or 30k - same car.
                        ^^ This.

This is why I'm swapping a Series III 109" onto my RRC LWB frame. Budget Defender. Same looks, same chassis. I have to use the Defender hood and grille anyway, so it'll be a confusing truck.
                        1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post

I dont disagree with you at all, just saying that the 110's in NAS spec were only available for 1 or 2 years and are rare. I would never pay a 100k for one let alone a wrecked and especially because as you point out a Classic is 97% the same thing only much nicer on the inside lol ......
                          Originally posted by Fusion
                          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                          William Pitt-

Comment

Rare Auction Opportunity!

Extremely rare '93 Ford F150 4x4
                            Only 500 made in this color combination for the N American market! (130,000 in Europe)
                            Very good condition.
                            Rolled and repaired completely with junkyard cab and replacement box - salvage title but good as new.
                            Some rust - professionally repaired with fiberglass, Bondo, and Krylon.
                            Non-original engine, rebuilt by my Conoco station.
                            Swapped manual to automatic with factory original column shifter.
                            Aftermarket wheels

Current Bid $100,000
                            Don't miss this rare opportunity to own a unique used 24 year old utility truck!

Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizerender_8__e7501f92cd6d1f46a6e1ce49f643cde56aa1a899.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	120.6 KB
ID:	7193621

Comment

Originally posted by 5ickride View Post
                              Nice. I miss my Disco, and want to get a RRC or P38 soon enough.

I'll always tell my friends to buy a Toyota instead.
                              1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                              You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Found these guys the other day. They are offering to build Discos or RRC's for $8k or so, more depending upon options. I thought it was an interesting idea...

Comment

Working...
                                X