Let’s talk about Antifa.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
    I guess I was the only that enjoyed reading his rants.

Comedy gold.
    I enjoyed them, at first. But, it started getting old and I really started to wonder whether those are his actual beliefs...
    88 325i Cabrio
    04 Neon SRT-4

Originally posted by MrBurgundy
    If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
      I guess I was the only that enjoyed reading his rants.

Comedy gold.
      I think the issue was that it was impossible to tell whether he was being a comedian or not. To the casual observer that might have painted the forum in an indefensible light, which I'm sure the moderators as well as many patrons wouldn't want.

Either way, I'm not sure that too many people find Holocaust denial funny beyond the ludicrous nature of making such comments. The same can be said for the white supremacy he was advocating for.

Comment

i feel like he would try to argue his point and then when he could not figure out a logical response, did what many drunk uncles do. BLAME THE JEWS! BLAME LIBTARD MEDIA!

Comment

#freeHoof

SIKE
          Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by mbonder View Post
            I think the issue was that it was impossible to tell whether he was being a comedian or not. To the casual observer that might have painted the forum in an indefensible light, which I'm sure the moderators as well as many patrons wouldn't want.

Either way, I'm not sure that too many people find Holocaust denial funny beyond the ludicrous nature of making such comments. The same can be said for the white supremacy he was advocating for.
            It's a car forum. It's a car forum, this is the internet.

Way too many people take all this shit WAY too seriously.

OMG world leaders and the general public are paying attention to a niche car forum for a car that hasn't been produced in nearly 30 years.
            Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
            Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
            One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

looks like we might actually see some justice here.

to represent antifa- i'm all for free speech, but if you're willing to drive your car into a crowd of people because they have different viewpoints- fuck you, you should go to prison and stay there.
              past:
              1989 325is (learner shitbox)
              1986 325e (turbo dorito)
              1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
              1985 323i baur
              current:
              1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

^That's a pretty brave stand to think people who commit wanton violence should go to prison.

Please tell us more about these controversial viewpoints. ;)

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

well that was kind of my point in starting this thread. i've posted about the iron front more than once- the three arrows represent resistance to fascism, communism, and monarchism.

these are all values that i think we should be able to agree upon, as americans. that's why we started this country and engaged in enough wars that it takes a hand to count them- and that's just in the past century.

being antifa *shouldn't* be controversial.

in other news: http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/201...e-raises-bail/

i'm not black bloc. but they've gone active again because of guys like this.
                  past:
                  1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                  1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                  1985 323i baur
                  current:

Comment

Being against facism is not controversial. It has never been in this thread. The personification of antifa, given their tactics, and "perceived tactics" is what is controversial.

I do have a serious question, though.

Do you perceive the people you counter-protest as being legitimate and intimate threats to the livelihood of all Americans and/or the structure/basis of our government?

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                    Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Did you miss the sarcasm in my post? I thought it was pretty obvious.

And we've gone through the whole "Antifa uses fascist techniques to fight fascism" (and apparently doesn't see the irony) so what is your point?

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                        Do you perceive the people you counter-protest as being legitimate and intimate threats to the livelihood of all Americans and/or the structure/basis of our government?
                        well, the last two articles i posted should make the livelihood threat clear enough. they're running people down with cars, and showing up with baseball helmets, bats, and shields to political events.

whether they're a voting bloc large enough to answer the second question is another discussion. but- i do think they're being emboldened by the current administration and the "MAGA" meme, which i think a lot of them interpret as a thinly-veiled excuse to advocate for white supremacy.
                        past:
                        1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                        1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                        1985 323i baur
                        current:

Comment

The wheels of justice are grinding in Berkeley, too.

The pretrial for former Diablo Valley College adjunct professor Eric Clanton has been set for Feb. 22, 2018.

Clanton was charged with four felony counts of assault with a deadly weapon and a misdemeanor offense of wearing a mask to avoid identification back in May.

The charges stem from an April 15 protest in Berkeley, where a masked individual attacked attendees of the “Patriot Rally” with a bike lock.
                          sigpic
                          Originally posted by JinormusJ
                          Don't buy an e30

They're stupid
                          1989 325is Raged on then sold.
                          1988 325 SETA 2DR Beaten to death, then parted.
                          1988 325 SETA 4DR Parted.
                          1990 325i Cabrio Daily'd, then stored 2 yrs ago.

Comment

that would be a black bloc guy. what i've been trying to explain is that they are a subset of the antifa movement.

i don't approve of their tactics because as seen here, they're the ones that wind up in the news and create bad optics for all of us.

i'll try to be fair here. i didn't see this happen. i watched the video of the event and it looks like though obviously it was a tense situation, that was unprovoked.

sounds like this guy thoroughly fucked his life up- he probably has 6 figures worth of debt from the master's degree he needed to teach at a college, and he's never going to pass a background check again. stupid games, stupid prizes...
                            past:
                            1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                            1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                            1985 323i baur
                            current:

Comment

Where do you even buy a Sriracha t-shirt?
                              Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Same place you buy that ugly striped zip up.

Comment

Working...
                                X