rear arm camber adjustment on e30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rear arm camber adjustment on e30

As I understand, 1.25" lowered suspension with create N camber and give toe out as original setting is zero rear toe. If one would adjust the rear camber (more inner attachment point up), will this affect toe as well? I understand there are separate toe and camber kits. I just would like to know if this minimal drop and only camber plates will correct toe back, close to zero.

Also does anyone knows what actual changes 1.25" lowered suspension does to 325i in regard to Front and Rear toe/camber?

You get toe in on the rear of the car as they lower. The adjusters (eccentric or posi-lock) Make adjustments nearly completely independently of each other, so adjusting the rear camber won’t effect the toe at all.
    Byron
    Leichtbau

Comment

Originally posted by E30SPDFRK View Post
      You get toe in on the rear of the car as they lower. The adjusters (eccentric or posi-lock) Make adjustments nearly completely independently of each other, so adjusting the rear camber won’t effect the toe at all.
      Thank you. you are right, toe-in on the compression. I found an article explaining e30 rear geometry, if anyone is interested. it states that 1" of the suspension compression will net 0.9 degrees of N. camber. At the same 1" of compression, total toe IN will be 1/128" (measured at the lip of 17" wheel). Interesting.....

BMW E30 M3 Performance - This site is dedicated to the BMW E30 M3. Covers tips on maintaining and modifying these unique cars.Installations of custom and aftermarket performance products are also highlighted.

Comment

It doesn't toe in much until you get pretty low.
        (1/128" per wheel is 1/64" total, which is tiny)
        And a little rear toe- in is nice and safe.

t
        now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Working...
        X