OFFICIAL: Toyota SUV/truck thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
    I go to school in wisconsin, the plan was to do late august and do the trip on my way back to college for final year.

Live in bham
    If you have a 4wd here, I'm planning on going up to explore the Pipeline trails in the next week or two.
    2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan... View Post
      If you have a 4wd here, I'm planning on going up to explore the Pipeline trails in the next week or two.
      I dont, I stupidly left it in Washington this time. Wasn't a good idea.

I wanted to go up to granite falls or whatever and bum around there but never got to it.
      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
      willschnitz

Comment

Hey, this doesn't look bad for $12 worth of rattle can spray paint. This should buy me time until I do rust repair to the body. I bought about a half-dozen different reds from various brands, and found that Krylon's Gloss Classic Red was the closest match to Toyota's Freeborn Red. Before, and after:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1174.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	7193413

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1231.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	122.5 KB
ID:	7193414
        '91 325i

Comment

@lambo, taco looks sooo good dude - too bad 1st gen dcsb never came in a 5 speed otherwise it'd be my next rig.

here's mine over the past couple seasons

Comment

Originally posted by RUFFLZ View Post
            @lambo, taco looks sooo good dude - too bad 1st gen dcsb never came in a 5 speed otherwise it'd be my next rig.
            Thanks dude. Yeah... if I were to do it again I'd probably grab an access cab with a manual. Or... if I was actually going to do it again I'd grab a nice GX 470 haha. But in the mean time, I'm low key hoping for my trans to shit itself so I have a reason to swap in a 5 speed lol

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
            Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

So Ive got an initial plan rolling in my head, drew up a quick outline.
              Obviously Id plan to either Meet stig+friends? in Twin falls and camp around there, then lambo+friends? in Grand Junction on my way from Washington. Then we would do trails from there.

Id def like more input on this one, more actual places to go = easier to plan.

tripplan1 by Wschnitz, on Flickr
              willschnitz

Comment

So... given the ridiculous amount of things to do between Grand Junction and Boulder, and in South Eastern Colorado, I think we should narrow down the trip a bit by focusing on certain areas more. Maybe SE Colorado and then move to around the Boulder area? I definitely want to do Imogene Pass for sure. As for the other stuff... that's going to take more research.

This site is really good for looking up trails. They even give a description of camping available on or near the trails which is super handy.

Find the best 4x4, Jeep, ATV, Overland and Truck off-road trails in Colorado. All of our trail guides contain high quality information, videos, pictures, and gpx downloads.

Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Glad to see this is moving forward. Still in for the CO stuff!
                  My previous build (currently E30-less)
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                    So Ive got an initial plan rolling in my head, drew up a quick outline.
                    Obviously Id plan to either Meet stig+friends? in Twin falls and camp around there, then lambo+friends? in Grand Junction on my way from Washington. Then we would do trails from there.

Id def like more input on this one, more actual places to go = easier to plan.

I'm down for whatever. If you'd like to stay in a bed I'm sure I'll have room for you in Boise. I have a friend that lives half way between Boise and Twin Falls too who is probably going to join. I love the canyon lands around Twin Falls and southern Idaho, so camping is an option for sure.
                    Last edited by ST1G; 11-21-2017, 10:57 AM.

Comment

In for the ST1G and friends meet in Idaho

instagram

Comment

Been enjoying my tacoma. Just installed a 2” Old Man Emu lift. Also just installed some 255/85/16 Cooper ST Maxxx. Love these pizza cutters. Surprisingly, these 33s don’t make my truck feel sluggish. Stock Gearing is great with these. Glad I have a 6 speed manual so that I can pick which gear I want it to be in.

Comment

^ Come out to Colorado next year boi

Comment

I dont think anyone posting here would have a hard time with black bear, with a little common sense. I have seen many vids of lightly modded rigs, and talked to a buddy of mine that has done in a stock other than tires 200 series landcruiser when he lived in CO. I think my wife driving her T4R would do fine...... You just have to have some common sense a decent spotter, spacial awareness , and take your time when it comes to things like that......
                            Originally posted by Fusion
                            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                            William Pitt-

Comment

Just might be nerve wracking for people in full size trucks. The switchbacks anyway.
                              willschnitz

Comment

well I guess, with the drop offs I can understand that. The flatlanders in GNP about mash each other and everyone else going over the pass and it has guard rails. I guess I am just used to steep narrow roads....lol
                                Originally posted by Fusion
                                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                                William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                                X