Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you're still going to break a lot of stuff, just in general. I actually think a RWD E30 would be easier to hit 10's in, less stuff to go wrong, but I still don't think it will be streetable. :(

the ix is better suited to things like road race, rally, autox, etc.

you could swap out the entire drivetrain with something from another make. GM has some similar transfercases with a 60/40 split and a VC lock that are meant to go behind a V8, for example. but it will be all customized, which means when you break stuff it costs more to fix.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
      you're still going to break a lot of stuff, just in general. I actually think a RWD E30 would be easier to hit 10's in, less stuff to go wrong, but I still don't think it will be streetable. :(

the ix is better suited to things like road race, rally, autox, etc.

you could swap out the entire drivetrain with something from another make. GM has some similar transfercases with a 60/40 split and a VC lock that are meant to go behind a V8, for example. but it will be all customized, which means when you break stuff it costs more to fix.

1 problem i got an ix with no motor free from family rwd e30 out of the question.

As far as front diff & t case thats my own coverage ill handle it i just would like to know m20 or s38b38 & what mods need to be done to reach minimal of 10's last option 11's quater mile - dont judge me I'm a E36 guy who wants a crazy e30 ;)

Comment

you could probably do it with an M20, fully built, and not having an S38 will leave you $$ to build your own drivetrain.
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
          you could probably do it with an M20, fully built, and not having an S38 will leave you $$ to build your own drivetrain.
          Yeah im gonna do some research i noticed m20 mods are cheaper by the way nando i appreciate the patience as a guy who's been pure e36 the transition is smooth with mature people's help

Comment

I hate to say this but it sounds like you want something fast. awd, and, reliable, In that case buy a subaru. There are a few ix's with over 600whp but I don't think there very reliable for Dailey driving.
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Originally posted by nomansland92 View Post
              I hate to say this but it sounds like you want something fast. awd, and, reliable, In that case buy a subaru. There are a few ix's with over 600whp but I don't think there very reliable for Dailey driving.
              Don't give me any help unless it involve's bmw what kind of enthusiast am i a bmw enthusiast i would have never fell inlove with bmw if i wanted to keep my turbo jdm's & every other car ive owned i'm tired of the talk of anything but bmw srry sir but no! If you see me in a subaru forum your welcome to speak i want a bmw something old but fast i can track and take to work and admire it for years to come ;) awd 325ix thankyou!

Ps a gutted 600hp ix m20 should do 11's with longer gear & rev control or even a s38b38 NA with race gas fun you see im a bmw lover your a funny guy!

Comment

NA s38b38 with race gas is not going to give you 600hp. And best of luck sourcing a B38 in the US

Comment

Originally posted by fronton View Post
                  NA s38b38 with race gas is not going to give you 600hp. And best of luck sourcing a B38 in the US
                  I nvr said the b38 would give me 600hp i stated b38 with race gas would be a fun swap it clearly says 600 m20 ix since nando was talking about turbo m20's oh & for your info we already have a b38 in storage it's damaged tho but in possesion thank you! But also were i am m20 go for nothing!

By the it's how everybody in the world want's to good luck somebody or say it's s dream you dont know if someones family is in import or export company or imported cars during war or what job's people have you just shit talk you don't even know if a member own's a shop - ADVICE FOR THE DAY ASK B4 you speak I'm. Asking questions so should you!

Comment

This thread is so weird and none of this is ever gonna happen anyways so
                    Originally posted by TSI
                    ♫ Rust flecks are falling on my head...♫
                    OEM+

Comment

Originally posted by lolcantturn View Post
                      lol I was thinking this when I opened it.

A fully built AWD e30 with turbo's and a tiny V8 would be amazing though.

Comment

Originally posted by lolcantturn View Post
                        you drake can just leave my thread wierd say's the guy watching cuz he's bored "go 2 bed"

Comment

my conclusion is the damaged s38 i have will stay in storage ive found a very clean m20 engine $650 as well - the ix rolling shell i have im going to see what my friends at the fab an machine shop say about drivetrain an diff an t case etc if the build seem's realistic, realiable when i get my 8k settlemen for my car accident i'll proceed if not! sale the rolling ix an back 2 another e36 ;) -DELETING THREAD IN 48HOUR'S thnx!

Comment

Spend the "8k settlemen" on the drain bramage incurred.

Comment

Originally posted by fronton View Post
                              Spend the "8k settlemen" on the drain bramage incurred.
                              dude suck a dick also ive seen you in PA seeing as i have a house in pointbreeze in pgh & if dreams where so un believable i wouldnt be on my 2nd s50b32 imported so suck a dick im a beast with e36's thought id try e30 but you guys are immature till the build starts then its hey how this hows that where did you get that can i have specs & trust me if you guys had no faith you wouldnt have looked in the first place so me the guy who's owned 3 e36's 2 of which m3's doesnt really wanna hear nada your talking bout any real enthusiast would be ub'd by a guy who got a ix rolling shell & a damged imported euro s38 since his friend owns a import ,export company but your a bunch of haterz so if i do do the build an design a custom t case & diff only member's who will get any info will be the one's with respect haha nvr get mad lol but you will be but shout 2 real builder's can >red s50b32 >castro >ls1 m3 >chris castro frank oceans designer & last juuso with the e36 aka juter on the forum all friends off mine by the way ive been a member on forums 4 yearsjust havent been on since last year saving money on a build 10k in the bank 8k for a dumb kid crashing my e36 owell have fun dreaming dicks!

Comment

English motherfucker. Do you speak it?

I'm asking a question.
                                1990 325is Brilliantrot/Natur

Comment

Working...
                                X