Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(SOLD) 1991 BMW 325ix, Daytona Violet, 5 speed, Coupe

SOLD!!!!

I'm helping my good friend sell his 1991 325ix. It was repainted/Restored by a member on here, Pr3lude several years ago. He originally bought the car just over 3 years ago and was his reliable daily driver for the first two until he purchased a E90 328xi to take over and the e30 became his secondary car. Unfortunately he just doesn't drive it anymore because he's either several hours away at school or because he's moved to the city and only has room for one car. So instead of the car just sitting in his sister's driveway for who knows how long he'd like to see it go to a good home and I told him I'd try to find someone on r3v that would take care of her.

The car is a 1991 and in the desirable coupe/5 speed form and painted in a beautiful BMW Daytona Violet. The car has just under 200,000 miles and is in great shape and does suffer from some surface rust, but Pr3lude says he patched the big stuff up when he repainted the car. The car has had pads and rotors done along with tie rods when my friend first purchased the car. The car didn't need much else except to be driven. His dad also did some other stuff to the car over the years, but unfortunately i don't have an exact list of what was done.

Here is Pr3lude's original for sale post for the car if you want to look at it.

Now onto the details, I'll be copying some of his post to make it a little easier on me.

Exterior:
    Freshly Painted Daytona Violet Metallic
    Everything was stripped for respray (Door jambs, trunk jambs and engine bay have all been resprayed Daytona Violet Metallic)
    Brand New Fenders (Electrostatically charged and shot with a rust proof primer)
    New Rust free Doors
    New Bmw Rear tail panel
    New Bmw IS Front Spoiler
    New Bmw IS Rear Spoiler
    New Ryan G Front Splitter
    New Tail lights
    Brand New Us Hella Ellipsoid Headlights
    Brand New Bmw Roundels ( Front & Rear)
    Shadowline Trim
    Thule Sweden Roof Rack

Interior:
    Silver Grey Sport Interior
    Rear Ski-pass through w/ ski bag
    Oem Bmw Black Floor mats
    ZHP Shift Knob
    Suede M-tech stitching shift boot
    Suede M-tech stitching E-brake Boot
    Beautiful Dash Board

Engine/Mechanical:
    Timing Belt (Replaced 165,xxx)
    Water Pump (Replaced 165,xxx)
    Clutch (Replaced 165,xxx)
    Accessory Belts (Alternator, Power steering, A/c) Replaced Before Purchase
    Copper Hard Brake lines & Oem Bmw Brake hoses
    Brand New E-brake cables and full rebuild kit (Shoes, springs, mechanism)
    New Gas Tank
    Inner and Outer Tie Rods Replaced
    Rotors and Brake Pads Replaced
    Magnalfow Muffler

Overall its a nice little e30 and instead of buying a winter beater this year you should buy a winter daily. I do have a soft spot for ix's and I'd love to see this one go to a good home. However its not my car so if you have any questions feel free to PM me and I can get you in contact with the owner. If you're interested in seeing the car we can set up a date and time, but please be serious about buying because he does go to school 2 hours away and would come home for the weekend to show you the car. He's asking $5,000 which I think is a pretty fair price.

Last edited by stonea; 05-20-2017, 06:16 PM.
    My Garage
    2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
    1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
    1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
    Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

I've been following this car for a while. Wish it wasn't for sale yet :/ Im curious what was the original color?
    Build Thread
    https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=419655
    Parts Thread
    https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=408302

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisbike View Post
      I've been following this car for a while. Wish it wasn't for sale yet :/ Im curious what was the original color?
      I believe it was silver, but not 100% sure. I'll update the thread when I run the vin.
      My Garage
      Feedback

Comment

Some pics from when I first had the car resprayed and yes the original color was silver...

Comment

Originally posted by pr3lude View Post
          Some pics from when I first had the car resprayed and yes the original color was silver...
          Thanks for chiming in. Its a beautiful car and you did a really good job on it. If I had the space for it, it would be sitting pretty next to my ix.
          My Garage
          Feedback

Comment

Any and all rust that was present was cut out and had new sheet metal welded in place. Common rust prone areas such as the battery box and rocker panels had new sheet metal welded in. Rear tail light panel was also cut out and had an oem bmw tail panel welded in. Fenders and doors were also replaced with new or rust free parts. All hard lines for the brakes were also replaced with copper lines. Car is definitely solid and awd functioned beautifully when I owned the car. Red line fluid in transfer case, center differential, rear differential and gearbox. Car is also opti coated (ceramic coating)
            Last edited by pr3lude; 10-17-2016, 08:32 PM.

Comment

No problem, any questions feel free to ask. If I didn't just purchase another e30 this would also be in my garage.

Originally posted by stonea View Post
              Thanks for chiming in. Its a beautiful car and you did a really good job on it. If I had the space for it, it would be sitting pretty next to my ix.

Comment

I'm all the way out in Utah and I'm trying to off my e30 before this sells.. it's such a beautiful car.
                sigpic1989 325i Cirrusblau Sedan-Sold
                1989 BMW 325ix-Sold
                1991 325ix-Sold
                1988 325iX-

Comment

Are there any photos of the surface rust?

Comment

Originally posted by mgoblue View Post
                    Are there any photos of the surface rust?
                    Unfortunately no photos, but its not bad at all. Well worth the short drive to come check it out :)
                    My Garage
                    Feedback

Comment

damn I wish I had the room for another E30. One of my favorite BMW colors of all time

Comment

damn not a bad looking car at all. just wish it was repainted in its original color.

GLWS!
                        Originally posted by HarryPotter
                        not to be racist but i've had multiple african americans comment on how they love my car. I've seen pics of e30's rolling through africa with at least 15-20 africans on them with ak-47's. WILD. its in the african blood. Hope this wasn't too racist, forgive me as I am intoxicated.
                        Instagram: @jstnlws

Comment

Originally posted by Deltron Dirty30 View Post
                          damn not a bad looking car at all. just wish it was repainted in its original color.

GLWS!
                          Theres thousands of silver ix's, but only 1 purple ix!
                          My Garage
                          Feedback

Comment

Looks good , was contemplating daytona or techno if i were to ever paint mine. Free bump

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            1986 LTW M52 (First project 2015- )
                            1998 e36 328ic/5 -
                            Roundie alpina pig cheekā€™d (1969)
                            1967 2002 parts car
                            1994 318iS junked.

Comment

Hey still interested in this, but could you post some pics of the undercarriage? I know the previous owner restored areas of concern but I'd like to see pics!

Comment

Working...
                              X