Cirrusly Blue - The Daily Driver E30... now SUPER powered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
    Nice! I kinda wish I went the borla route, mine drones like shit there...

Is it too quite or just right?

It doesn't drone when I drove it, I think it's just right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

First attempt at the tunnel video was a failure. I was a little paranoid since I just watched my replica IS lip fall off and get run over minutes earlier :rofl:

Looks like I will be buying E30 parts on Black Friday

Someday I will get a sound clip but I dont want anyone getting their hopes up. Its not loud at all
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Enjoy! Haha it’s the best I could do with the 5 minutes I was willing to spend on getting this video. Enjoy the view haha

Simon
        Current Cars:

Comment

Cirrusly Blue - The Daily Driver E30

Working a little backwards here, but I got the IS lip spoiler installed this afternoon

Much better than the before, though with the shadow you don’t see much of a change haha

Obviously the O’Reillys brand plastidip wasn’t as good. It was supposed to have a matte black finish but it looks pretty shiny to me. I also got some SEM trim paint to redo some of the faded black trim like the euro grilles .

I started the day going to the Trancas C&C and saw a wide variety of awesome cars including a Black Enzo, a 512bb, a 904gts replica, and a lot more. Went on a canyon run after with my neighbor and his friend

Happy December!
          Simon
          Current Cars:

Comment

sounds damn good!
            1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Lol on the shadow... you really almost can't tell the difference with the sun on that angle! :D
              My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

That sounds like the perfect exhaust.
                Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by wworm View Post
                  sounds damn good!
                  Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                  That sounds like the perfect exhaust.
                  Thanks, its a low rumble under ~2500rpms then over 4500 it starts to howl a little. Unfortunately the dream killer aka auto trans prevents me from getting anything higher than 5000rpms even when Im putting my whole weight into the go pedal

Originally posted by lukeADE335i View Post
                  Lol on the shadow... you really almost can't tell the difference with the sun on that angle! :D
                  I realized this when I was trying to post the pics and couldnt really tell the difference haha
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

Looks great!

I am looking forward to seeing it in person next fall (hopefully)!

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
                    Sounds like you need a massage.
                    Originally posted by kpeng
                    Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                      Thanks, its a low rumble under ~2500rpms then over 4500 it starts to howl a little. Unfortunately the dream killer aka auto trans prevents me from getting anything higher than 5000rpms even when Im putting my whole weight into the go pedal

Something is wrong, it should go to redline with the accelerator floored. It does sound nice.
                      Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                      The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Unfortunately the dream killer aka auto trans prevents me from getting anything higher than 5000rpms even when Im putting my whole weight into the go pedal
                        I wonder if this is a weird '88/ 153 DME thing with auto's. My S-eta only will rev to 5K before up-shifting itself
                        1988 325 Lachs Sedan SOLD

1989 325i Bronzit Beige 2 Door
                        SOLD

2018 Volkswagen Alltrack SE DSG
                        Past:1988 325iS Lachs 5 Speed

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
                          Something is wrong, it should go to redline with the accelerator floored. It does sound nice.
                          Originally posted by TFJR View Post
                          I wonder if this is a weird '88/ 153 DME thing with auto's. My S-eta only will rev to 5K before up-shifting itself
                          I have the Sssquid chipped 173 ECU in now. Im pretty sure last time it didnt go all the way. I will have to do some more testing :devil:
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

I have the Sssquid chipped 173 ECU in now. Im pretty sure last time it didnt go all the way. I will have to do some more testing :devil:
                            My comment was specific to an “I” engine, not an eta or Seta. Does yours have a full throttle switch under the gas pedal? Is it functioning?
                            Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                            The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
                              My comment was specific to an “I” engine, not an eta or Seta. Does yours have a full throttle switch under the gas pedal? Is it functioning?
                              Yes it has the button. It functions because it will downshift the gear when I step on it, but it just doesnt want to hold the gear until redline. Im actively trying to destroy this automatic to accelerate ( :-P ) the 5speed swap.
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

Im actively trying to destroy this automatic to accelerate ( :-P ) the 5speed swap.
                                I also tried this, but my engine gave out before the autotragic did :/
                                My Garage
                                2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                                1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                                1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                                Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Working...
                                X