Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ayone have experience with federal 595rs-r or rsrr's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ayone have experience with federal 595rs-r or rsrr's?

Hey everyone. I have been looking at a set of Federal 595 rs-r's or rs-rr's for my car. I have been looking for 245/40-17's as I am going to be running fender flares. I came across some great reviews for the federal tires, bt some of what I was reading is that they run wide. Can anyone confirm that this is true? If this is the case, should I be running a 235/40-17 instead? What I have read is that the federal tires are somewhere around 7-10mm wider then a standard tire in any given size.

Any uhp tire runs wider than a street tire, I’m sure they post the measurements sidewall to sidewall if that would help you guesstimate your rubing issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

so long as the manufacturer specs are correct, a 235/40-17 in the federal tire is nearly identical to a typical 245/40-17. Feedback is always good because I don't always trust what a manufacturer says.

Comment

My employee just picked up two for his drift car. The sidewall is VERY VERY stiff. They're probably going to be noisy as heck on the road. Don't have any reviews on grip levels yet because the car isn't running yet.

Tread pattern looks nice and aggressive... rubber feels sticky too. I bet it will be a very grippy tire just loud as heck most likely.
        IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

I had a set of 595 super streets and they were definately wide, i had a 195/50 and they were closer to a 215. And as previously mentioned, super stiff sidewall, buy they are fantastic tires and would definately buy again

Comment

Awesome, love the feedback. I don't mind the noise factor at all as my car is completely gutted, caged, and being built out to be a fun weekend/track car.

Comment

I run them on my car as a summer tire.595-RSR. I run them in a 205/45/16 but it runs closer to a 215-225. pretty grippy, I have yet to explore the limit, but they stick well. they arent that noisy at all, granted i probably only have like 1,500 miles on them, sidewall is stiff.

I wouldnt push them in the rain.

overall im hapy with them for the entire set for $350 shipped.
              1985 325e M50TU(Sold)
              1991 318is Slicktop (Sold)
              1990 325is Brilliantrot S50/5 Lug Swapped.
              1992 525i Manual shitbox Winter Beater

Comment

Local put the RR's on his Porsche Chump car and said they grip great until a few laps in and faded horribly by the end of his 30min test session. He is a 20yr racer and was enticed by the price, he is going back to the Ezeni 615k+. I have not had first hand experience, but trust this driver. Because of the initial grip, I feel they would probably be fine for a street or auto-x car, though.
                john@m20guru.com
                Links:
                Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Working...
                X