Injector recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Injector recommendation

So I’ve been doing some boost leaks and found out i have a injector that’s leaking a lot. My thought is to just upgrade to a bigger injector. I’m currently only pushing 9psi, i plan on pushing 14-16 at most. Im also have mspnp2 for my EMS. What size injector and brand would you guys recommend, something that won’t break the bank but is a good injector?

Injector dynamics are the only way to go in my opinion. fic injectors aren't bad either, but whatever you get make sure they come with a spec sheet for there dead times and voltage offset. Dont get those junk deka 60lb crap injectors. They do work but they suck.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Originally posted by nomansland92 View Post
      Injector dynamics are the only way to go in my opinion. fic injectors aren't bad either, but whatever you get make sure they come with a spec sheet for there dead times and voltage offset. Dont get those junk deka 60lb crap injectors. They do work but they suck.

Cool. I’ve has several people recommend the dela 60ibs, good thing i didn’t by them. I was also looking at bosh 42ib green giants but i don’t know if they are worth it and i couldn’t find the dead times or voltage offsetse.

Comment

I run the green ford 42lb injectors on 15psi. Have been running like this for years with no issues.

Comment

Ya practically any injector of the right size will work, I ran deka's for a little bit and they work, but it took a lot of time and testing to figure out my own data to get them to work there best. I found in my experience that having all the injector data properly in the tune it really helps make the car and smooth and possible. And ya factory Bosch injectors are definitely great quality and someone out there probably has ran them on a flow bench to get a decent data base for them youll just have to hope you can find a set that is flow matched.

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Originally posted by Paul-Z View Post
            I run the green ford 42lb injectors on 15psi. Have been running like this for years with no issues.
            These were the ones i was thinking of running but I’m only going to be pushing 10psi for a while. Do you think those would be to big? And how much hp are they good for?

Comment

Originally posted by nomansland92 View Post

Already have Siemans-Deka 60lbers for my build, so not like I'm not going to use them...That being said, this is the first I have heard they are crap. Can you elaborate?

Comment

In my opinion for a bare budget build they will do the job, if you want OEM drivability and idle everytime you drive the car then your going to want a quality injector. I had deka's and tried to find good know data for them. I ended up spending hours running different tests to find get fuel pressure offset, dead time number, and voltage offset. And yes when it was all done they worked just fine. Siemens ships them with +/- 6% so that could be up to 12% window between injectors, it's up to the aftermarket reseller to batch them together and I highly doubt they are all flow matched properly. So at WOT cylinder one maybe at 10.8 and cylinder 6 might be 11.8 and but the afr gauge is just reading the average of 11.3 (this is only 4.5% difference) so that going to be a big problem in holding 5th gear 20psi of boost. So that combined with even the manufacturer doesn't supply you with there own products data sheets just should should like a good idea to me.

But there is no denying that lots and lots of people run deka's here and most have liked them but I've worked in the performance industry and there would be no may in hell we would sell deka injectors to a customer.
                So if your not pushing your car to hard then you probably won't have any issues when you want to turn the power up you'll most likely be selling those and buying something else, buy once cry once.

But thats just my opinion.
                Hope that helps

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Ford Racing created some decent data for Deka 60's. They list the minimum repeatable pulsewidth as 1.4ms. My M52 seems to want around half of that at idle, so the idle is pretty rough.
                  Originally posted by priapism
                  My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                  Originally posted by shameson
                  Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Working...
                  X