Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5 Speed Swap Wiring - Plug & play w/ cruise control !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by karzrtoyz View Post
    After reading this and following up with my friend Derek, it took 5 mins to get the car started!!!! No Cutting, just plug and play. Just like the original post- your are going to disconnect the added auto harness- I left the 2 ground wire connected.. figured they werent gonna do anything.

The Auto Harness has 5 wires on it- 2 Brown, 1 Black with yellow stripe-connected to another black wire with yellow stripe via connector, 1 black( connected to ignition switch, 1 green with black stripe( this one may vary- older models might have 2)-connected to blue wire with brown stripe.

Unplug Blue wire with brown stripe connected to Green wire with black stripe.
    UNplug black wire with yellow stripe connected to black wire with yellow stripe
    Unplug black wire from ignition switch.
    Plug in black wire with yellow stripe into ignition switch where u pulled the black wire.
    Unplug the harness that is plugged into the reverse plug- then plug in your reverse plug from the trans.
    Plug in the clutch switch to the top of the pedal ( its the one that is deleted to its self with blue wire with red stripe)

Everything works on my 91 vert, back up lights and cruise control good to go!!

Attempting this in about 2-3 weeks, let you guys know the results.
    Originally posted by James Crivellone
    1) The internet is NOT serious business.

Comment

seems easy enough. Hope it works in a week or two when i put my 5spd in. The only thing that throws me off was the mention of a "bottom" clutch senosr switch thing. What the world is that? As far as i know it the switch at the top pf the pedal only. Whats the bottom switch? Never heard of one.
      Now with 2.7i power!!!

Comment

My Mk4 Golf has two clutch switches. One at top for disabling cruise control, and one at bottom to ensure the clutch is fully depressed during starting. As far as I remember, my e30 doesn't have the bottom switch, only the top.

Comment

Works sweet!!

The Auto Harness has 5 wires on it- 2 Brown, 1 Black with yellow stripe-connected to another black wire with yellow stripe via connector, 1 black( connected to ignition switch, 1 green with black stripe( this one may vary- older models might have 2)-connected to blue wire with brown stripe.

Unplug Blue wire with brown stripe connected to Green wire with black stripe.
          UNplug black wire with yellow stripe connected to black wire with yellow stripe
          Unplug black wire from ignition switch.
          Plug in black wire with yellow stripe into ignition switch where u pulled the black wire.
          Unplug the harness that is plugged into the reverse plug- then plug in your reverse plug from the trans.
          Plug in the clutch switch to the top of the pedal ( its the one that is deleted to its self with blue wire with red stripe)

This works spot on!!!! CRAZY EASY!! and clean, which I like. No ghetto hack job. Takes 5 mn if that. Thanks for the info on this. Gotta say pullin the auto SUCKED!!!! stupid starter bolts. Well worth it once its all in though. Its like a new machine. Back on topic, THIS IS THE ONLY WAY TO DO THE THE WIRING ON A 5SPD SWAP.
          Now with 2.7i power!!!

Comment

BUMP FOR AN AWESOME TUTORIAL!!!!

Caps were needed there. This has given my car new life and i get to drive stick shift. :D

Comment

I would like to get someone who's a wiring genius to make a dumb down version for a wiring noob for this...

Reading the tutorial on the first page made my brain hurt..

Comment

I did mine last weekend. It really could not have been easier. Took all of 5min

Comment

Originally posted by JinormusJ View Post
                  I would like to get someone who's a wiring genius to make a dumb down version for a wiring noob for this...

Reading the tutorial on the first page made my brain hurt..
                  The last post on the first page is the correct method. Use the previous pictures that the OP made as a reference.

Comment

Hmm.. I think I got it now. My friend helped me do the wiring and such when we did my swap, so I was completely confused as to what to do. I texted him and he told me whats up.

It seems I just needed to plug in my Reverse light harness to the Tranny Harness. I went all crazy and made it complicated by doing the wiring anyway.

Just gonna undo it all and see if everything still works.

Comment

Hmm.. I think I got it now. My friend helped me do the wiring and such when we did my swap, so I was completely confused as to what to do. I texted him and he told me whats up.

It seems I just needed to plug in my Reverse light harness to the Tranny Harness. I went all crazy and made it complicated by doing the wiring anyway.

Just gonna undo it all and see if everything still works.
                      It should work. I just re-crimped cables and it worked fine. I would recommend some electrical tape around the crimped areas so everything stays in place.

Comment

I spliced my stuff, so it's all a matter of re-heating my soldering and pulling all my wires apart; then just electrical taping all the fresh wiring

I need to go to sleep already so I can work on this during daylight lol

Comment

I spliced my stuff, so it's all a matter of re-heating my soldering and pulling all my wires apart; then just electrical taping all the fresh wiring

I need to go to sleep already so I can work on this during daylight lol
                          lol I know how that is. I finished putting in my exhaust like an hour and a half ago. quite annoying to do when there is no light.

Comment

Fuck, I must do this now!

Comment

This works exactly as described. I undid my reverse light wiring as per Yoshi's's write-up and just simply reconnected the reverse-light harness to the reverse light plug. Voila
                              Instant Cruise Control goodness! :-D

Comment

This mod is really easy once you spot all the wires that need to be disconnected. Really takes about 5 to 10 mins.

Transaction feedback:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...ight=karzrtoyz

Comment

Working...
                                X