Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5 Speed Swap Wiring - Plug & play w/ cruise control !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ for jesse

Transaction feedback:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...ight=karzrtoyz

Comment

This is awesome, took care of it no problem, takes longer to pull out the knee bolster and pedal cover/surround then to connect and disconnect the wires. It's also not necessary to remove the center console to get to that reverse plug, wasn't for me anyway
      sigpic

Comment

I had not found this, so I'd made my own thread in 2010: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=175330

Comment

Sticky this please
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
          ---------------------------------
          89 E30 S52
          ---------------------------------
          Transaction Feedback.

Comment

This is a great thread. Did you guys pull the floor mat to get the auto harness out of the car?

Also, can anyone post pictures of where the black wire is in the car and where the clutch sensor attaches?
            Project 325is

Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by benyen soljax View Post
              This is a great thread. Did you guys pull the floor mat to get the auto harness out of the car?

Also, can anyone post pictures of where the black wire is in the car and where the clutch sensor attaches?
              That is an option, but all you need to do is what the tutorial says and just plug in the reverse light harness after swapping the cables / plugs under the dashboard.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

so is this the same weather it is a late model or early model? im doing it on my early model this weekend sense i am doing the swap. and all these wires that are being removed are under the dash?

Comment

also my car doesn't have cruise so does that mean that i don't have to deal with any clutch switch?

Comment

Early models are the only ones with clutch switches as far as I can tell. There are two spots that you will find the connectors. First you have to disconnect the part by the shifter. The rest of the pictures show wires under the drivers side dash. There is one clump of connectors next to the steering column and one underneath the ecu module. Hope this helps.
                    Project 325is

Transaction Feedback

Comment

also where are these wires at? all u guys say is what colors to what lol

Comment

the clutch switch is only for cruise though right? if i dont have cruise then i wont have a clutch switch?

Comment

I just told you where to find the connectors. Also a clutch switch will do more than cruise control, like prevent you from starting the car without the clutch engaged.
                          Project 325is

Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by benyen soljax View Post
                            I just told you where to find the connectors. Also a clutch switch will do more than cruise control, like prevent you from starting the car without the clutch engaged.
                            No, on the E30 the clutch switch only turns off cruise control.

There is no start interlock on manual E30s. You don't have to push in the clutch to start the car. These aren't waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles American cars, you can do whatever the hell you want with them. Drive it across an intersection with the starter after you run out of gas if you like. :D

You don't *really* need the switch. Even if you have cruise control, and don't have the switch, it still works - just don't push the clutch in while it's engaged, or your engine will tag the redline in short order. ;)

But, it's not complicated to wire the switch, because you don't have to do any wiring. Unplug the terminator and then plug in your switch. Done.
                            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post

There is no start interlock on manual E30s. You don't have to push in the clutch to start the car. These aren't waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles American cars, you can do whatever the hell you want with them. Drive it across an intersection with the starter after you run out of gas if you like. :D
                              This made me lol.

I am leaving off the clutch switch because it was hard as hell to get the hinge bolt through the pedal box in the car (airbag car) and to put the clutch switch in I would have to take that out again.
                              Project 325is

Transaction Feedback

Comment

I left mine out as well. my CC works but I rarely use it. I've only forgot not to put in the clutch once. :p
                                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                                X