No announcement yet.

M42 won't rev pass 3500???? Bogs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1244 is camshaft sensor, not the crank sensor.
    [/url]

Team USA Wrestling 67KG
    Team USA Wrestling Strength And Conditioning Coach

Comment

I've read that it's both crank and camshaft sensors. Other members have mentioned it to me. I've also changed both of the sensors to new units. Pretty much everything new. Now just trying to see what else can cause this problem.
      Drives fine up to 3-3500 then bogs.
      Just tired and trying to think of other ways to try to get this thing right. My first e30...

Comment

Crank sensor could cause that, it could also be off timing. If you're anywhere
        Orange county I can let you try my ecu to see if it's that. I also have a spare crank sensor somewhere in mycar

Comment

Crank sensor could cause that, it could also be off timing. If you're anywhere
          Orange county I can let you try my ecu to see if it's that. I also have a spare crank sensor somewhere in mycar

Comment

Update:
            Swapped out another known good coil and still same problem code "1244"
            Pulled valve cover to check cam timing and it's good.
            Swapped out another afm and still same thing.
            New coolant temp sensor and still the same.
            Digitalme... Where are you in OC? Maybe I can drive down and swap in the ECM to test it.

Please help!!!!
            Thanks
            Another member told me it could be the diff. Speed sensor. Could that be?

Comment

What about injectors????

Comment

Sounds like a "duh" moment, but is your throttle cable adjusted properly? Does it still only rev to 3500 when you open the throttle body all the way by hand?
                Originally posted by Gruelius
                and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Checked the cable and have manually pulled and still cuts off. I'm lost... Don't know exactly what's causing the "1244".
                  If I take the car to an Indy shop could they hook it up to computer and tell me what it is? Or it's the same as what we are doing with the stomp test?

Comment

i dont think the diff sensor would do that...mine was disconnected and i just couldnt see how fast i was going...that shouldnt have anything to do with it...check your connection to the afm.......im in santa ana

Comment

So you replaced the crank position sensor and camshaft sensors?

How about the Idle control Valve?
                      how about hte Throttle position sensor and the AFM?

Give them some good multimeter tests to see if it is anything obvious.
                      [/url]

Team USA Wrestling 67KG
                      Team USA Wrestling Strength And Conditioning Coach

Comment

Update

I've since installed fuel pressure regulator and gauge to confirm fuel pressure. Changed new injectors, I've about changed everything and I may still think the ECM is still a bad unit.
                        Anyone in so cal that has a "175" I can stuff in and test to make sure it's the prOblem.

Located in Ontario please help. I'm also in Duarte during work hours 9-6.

Thanks,
                        Le
                        626-497-3773

Comment

Update:
                          I've changed
                          New injectors
                          Swapped out 3 "175" dme
                          Swapped out 3 different AFM
                          New TPS
                          Fuel pump and filter and new pressure regulator with gauge
                          New intake gasket and throttle body gaskets

All this and the car still shows "1244"
                          I'm getting another new crank sensor today.
                          Could something be wrong with front Pulley???
                          I've noticed that when I first start up in mornings cannot pass 2500 rpm. Then eventually allow me to go up to 3500 then that's it.
                          Any other thoughts???
                          HELP!!!!

Comment

Have you figured it out yet?

Comment

Till same problem.'I'm bringing the car to the M shop tomorrow to have them take a shot at it. I've also bought another engine wiring harness but it's nof here yet. It's really killing me.
                              Any other suggestions would be great. Car still showing "1244"

Comment

I changed my fuel filter last night and drove hard for an hour on the track today and something similar started happening to me! Mine is happening in the higher RPMs, but still feels like it is losing power then comes back a few seconds later.

Any news on what is/was happening with yours?

Comment

Working...
                                X