Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by backtrail69 View Post
    The Rotas also clear BBKs well because of their design.
    As I just found out in the other thread ! Very good to know, it's down to Rotas vs. Kosei K1s for me.
    Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

hey jay i got one

m system wheels 17x8 (i believe et20). late model e30, cut spring perches up front. what tire? what tire? omg.
      sigpic

Comment

Pasha, any 215/40/17, with rolled fenders.

You could get brave and try 235/40/17 or 245/35/17, but you'll have to go stupid with a roller and probably ruin your fenders in the process.

Comment

What would be the best tire size and brand (most grip) for 14x6 et 25, I'm talking silly sizes that would be awesome. Still not sure if I'm going to run them...
          Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

14x6? 195/60/14 Falken RT-615 would the best, for sure. There are tiny Euro sizes out there, like 45-aspect ratio crap, but the RT-615 would be the best performing tire.

Comment

I was considering the RT615s but only 195/60s? I guess 205/60-14s wouldn't be any better... if Azenis even come in that size. I meant silly as in wide and tall... since they are only 14s.
              Last edited by DEV0 E30; 03-09-2007, 09:20 AM.
              Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

There aren't any 205/60/14's made that are better than a 195/60/14 RT-615. Especially on a 6" wheel.

Comment

Turned into quite the wheel/tire guy, huh Jay?

332iS R.I.P.

Comment

Some asshole with 17x8.5" wheels and real tires under stock fenders inspired me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                      Some asshole with 17x8.5" wheels and real tires under stock fenders inspired me.
                      Jordan? 8)

Comment

Long before him. The man who I was responding to.

Comment

Mystikal,

I’m looking for a lightweight 17 x 8 wheel with the correct offset and center bore to fit my ’87 325is. I plan to run 235/40/17s all the way around. I’d prefer not to run spacers, however am not totally against it, if required. The lighter the wheel the better, however I’m more concerned with fitment then anything else.

Are there are couple different wheels you’d recommend?

I’m running -3 degrees of camber up front and -2 degrees of camber in the rear. Will I need to roll the rear fenders?

Thanks,
                          Andy
                          - 1987 BMW 325is
                          - 2002 BMW M3
                          - 2003 BMW 540i Sport

Comment

Andy, Rota can produce a few different wheels in that size. You will want approximately ET32 or numerically higher. The wheels within a few mm of ET32 may require a 3mm spacer to clear the front struts, depending on the tire used. In an ideal world, I'd shoot for ET28. With that offset, 235's on an early car with that much camber probably won't even need fender rolling.

Hope that helped,
                            Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                              Andy, Rota can produce a few different wheels in that size. You will want approximately ET32 or numerically higher. The wheels within a few mm of ET32 may require a 3mm spacer to clear the front struts, depending on the tire used. In an ideal world, I'd shoot for ET28. With that offset, 235's on an early car with that much camber probably won't even need fender rolling.

Hope that helped,
                              Jay
                              Thanks Jay, yes, that is very helpful!!

I’m looking to run the Hankook RS2 Z212s.

Thanks again.
                              - 1987 BMW 325is
                              - 2002 BMW M3
                              - 2003 BMW 540i Sport

Comment

Great tire choice. The Rota group purchase is on Bimmerforums.com; 18racing.com stocks the 17x8 and 17x8.5 Rota D2; and there is another supplier which stocks 17x8 ET32 Rota Boost (sorry, I'd give you the link but I'm on my work PC).

Jay

Comment

Working...
                                X