No announcement yet.

Cant get o2 sensor off???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dude theres zero need for tryng to downgrade someone with name calling period.

i always help when i can and yes im allowed to sell and trade on here.

search is your friend!! grow up.

Comment

1. get o2 socket.
      2. put rubber hose on socket wrench handle.
      3. loop rope around the handle.
      4. attach rope to another car.
      5. drive forward.
      6. ????
      7. profit.
      AWD > RWD

Comment

^
        Wow thats one way to do it, but I think this kind of red neck engineering is beyond this guys skill set yet as we have not figured out the correct tool for the job yet, let alone ways to increase the applied torque .

Here I will help with an illustration 5 bucks form amazon

Now the slot allows for the wire (otc makes one with a solid side wall but has a valley machined in the ID to clear the wire.) to remain one piece you un hook the wire slide socket over the O2 and go to town with a big breaker bar. If you have a tight spot and cant use a breaker bar then you have the 6 flats on the top to put your wrench on and turn it that way

Edit:
        BTW I called you a hack which is accurate
        Last edited by mrsleeve; 04-06-2013, 02:45 PM.
        Originally posted by Fusion
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

Mine was stuck so bad. I tried using PB blaster every day for a week and no go. I bought 2 o2 sensor sockets, split them both in half and didn't even crack it loose. That's when I decided the only way it was going to come off is with a 6 point impact socket.

FYI, you will NEVER remove it with vice grips, don't waste your time

Comment

I use these style.

Never had a problem, even with rusty ass, road salted ones that have lived their entire service life up here...

I'm trying to be nice, but you know how I feel about ya mr. grays.

Comment

mine came out with a box wrench and soaking in WD40 for an hour
              88 325is Five Speed
              Lachssilber

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                ^
                Wow thats one way to do it, but I think this kind of red neck engineering is beyond this guys skill set yet as we have not figured out the correct tool for the job yet, let alone ways to increase the applied torque .
                haha yeah, i was quite proud of myself. on the 92 nonvanos m50 exhaust the o2 sensor is directly ON TOP of the Y pipe. it's nearly impossible to access. PB blaster did nothing. i couldnt get my hand in the space to turn the wrench.

i jerry rigged the shit out of that and it, as you can see, popped free instantly. came out by hand after that. it was a bit bent though.
                AWD > RWD

Comment

Reviving this shitty old thread to complain about mine.

My O2 sensor is completely stuck! I tried a made for purpose slotted O2 sensor socket plus a couple of nice quality 22mm wrenches, and nothing is working.

And my deep wall six-point socket is too deep to get on it with the breaker bar. What a pain in the ass!

It’s doused in WD-40. I’ll try again tomorrow.
                  Jon (OO=[][]=OO)
                  1992 325ic white, stock with a 5-speed swap
                  Palm Beach County

Comment

Just use a pipe wrench if all else has failed.

Comment

Originally posted by jgilber0 View Post
                      Reviving this shitty old thread to complain about mine.

My O2 sensor is completely stuck! I tried a made for purpose slotted O2 sensor socket plus a couple of nice quality 22mm wrenches, and nothing is working.

And my deep wall six-point socket is too deep to get on it with the breaker bar. What a pain in the ass!

It’s doused in WD-40. I’ll try again tomorrow.

X2 on the pipe wrench. A big one. Or one of those giant wtf is this for spanners from HF.

Or, the complete hack way, hacksaw it and get on it with a shallow socket and breaker...you may need a new sensor after that though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Current flame: E30 318iS Alpinweiss II slicktop / LSD - Joanne
                      The old man: 1970 2002 Polaris(ish) slicktop / rat rod - Wallace
                      The ex: E92 335i 6MT M-Sport - Betty
                      The heavy: 2001 4Runner SR5 Sport (3rd Gen) - Fred

Comment

I like the pipe wrench idea. If that doesn’t do it, she’s going to get the hacksaw treatment.

As for ruining the old sensor, no problem. The whole reason I’m doing this is to install a new one.

Thank you!
                        Jon (OO=[][]=OO)
                        Palm Beach County

Comment

Fail!

After days of fruitless efforts, I finally gave up and brought it to my favorite local shop.

They made a few more valiant attempts with every kind of wrench, and finally got out the torch.

The sensor reluctantly exited the bung, taking the threads with it. They rethreaded the hole, inserted my new Bosch unit, and charged me $170.

Well worth the money, in my opinion. I was done with that job!
                          Jon (OO=[][]=OO)
                          Palm Beach County

Comment

Dammit!! That sucks but at least it’s finished and you gave it your best...

Comment

Originally posted by majdomo View Post
                              Dammit!! That sucks but at least it’s finished and you gave it your best...

Glad to have that behind me.

On to the broken radio now...

At least the repair list is getting shorter.
                              Jon (OO=[][]=OO)
                              Palm Beach County

Comment

Right on. Radio will make a big difference...I have the Alpine CDE-149HD that I really like. Orange backlight too. The Continental TR7412-UB was my second choice, great look and functionality.

Comment

Working...
                                X