Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEW! Motorsport Hardware Titan Cold Forged Steel Race Nuts!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEW! Motorsport Hardware Titan Cold Forged Steel Race Nuts!!

First off, again big thumbs up to Ryan who owns Motorsport Hardware!! He gets stuff out so quickly, i dont know when he actually sleeps

So onto the good stuff! Ryan informed me of new steel race nuts he just had in to replace the Aluminum ones i currently have on my drift car, which have done me more then well and of course i jumped on it.

They arrived all nicely packaged (liking the new boxes Ryan!)

Neo Chrome Steel Race nuts

They feel super durable and look great (17mm for those of you wondering)

I also run 82mm studs that are also provided by Motorsport Hardware

Heres what they look like installed

They also should be torqued properly to 85-88 ft/lbs, i dont care if your car never sees the track its absolutely CRITICAL to have your lugs torqued properly. Also you can run these up with a gun to get em slightly snug, but always leave the final torquing to be done by hand.

Last edited by FLG; 12-02-2013, 11:56 PM.
    -Build http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=295277

Thanks for the review Frank. I really appreciate it.
    95 7.1L 16V E36 M3
    Motorsport Hardware ***Wheel studs and Spacers!!!--->FOR SALE 4/5 Lug Stud Conversion Kits available CLICK HERE
    LIKE my Facebook Page! CLICK HERE

Comment

do they come in flat black?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by robgoesvroom View Post
        do they come in flat black?
        Yes they do come in black. Hit me up sales@motorsporthardware.com
        95 7.1L 16V E36 M3
        Motorsport Hardware ***Wheel studs and Spacers!!!--->FOR SALE 4/5 Lug Stud Conversion Kits available CLICK HERE

Comment

Looks good! Who does the forging?
          1989 325iC Zinnoberrot

Comment

Out of curiosity, what is the point of the overly long nuts? They do look good, and my old stud setup was through MH, awesome customer service.

90 325is alpine2 m50b25 becoming a dorifto car.

Comment

Originally posted by ZoomZoomBoom View Post
              Looks good! Who does the forging?
              A forging house we have a partnership with that cold forms/forges the raw material in to bar stock using heavy presses. Interesting fact: Some forging houses can have a range of presses from 8,000ton-50,000ton depending on the material requirement/specification.

Next is heat treatment of the formed bar stock to specific strength class, then machining, thread forming, and followed by finishing (coating)

Originally posted by dreamchasin View Post
              Out of curiosity, what is the point of the overly long nuts? They do look good, and my old stud setup was through MH, awesome customer service.
              Along with looking great and giving a personalized finish through color options, they protect exposed threads in longer studs and have more thread engagement of the nut. They also allow the user to drive the nut down without potentially scratching their wheels.

Thanks for the compliment!
              95 7.1L 16V E36 M3

Comment

Originally posted by kalib0y View Post
                A forging house we have a partnership with that cold forms/forges the raw material in to bar stock using heavy presses. Interesting fact: Some forging houses can have a range of presses from 8,000ton-50,000ton depending on the material requirement/specification.

Next is heat treatment of the formed bar stock to specific strength class, then machining, thread forming, and followed by finishing (coating)
                I used to work in corporate finance for a large corporation that has a few 30,000-ton and up presses including a 50,000-ton, so I was wondering if it was one of its foundries.
                1989 325iC Zinnoberrot

Comment

There are many forging houses and and even morecasting houses around. I think there are about 6 in southern California alone
                  95 7.1L 16V E36 M3

Comment

Originally posted by kalib0y View Post

Along with looking great and giving a personalized finish through color options, they protect exposed threads in longer studs and have more thread engagement of the nut. They also allow the user to drive the nut down without potentially scratching their wheels.

Thanks for the compliment!
                    That's what I was thinking, i would think less chance of stripping too, due to more threads making contact.

90 325is alpine2 m50b25 becoming a dorifto car.

Comment

They look pretty mean man! Never seen any exterior feature like that! nice:P
                      car service

Comment

I run the same setup and its awesome, the studs make lining up the wheels and spacers super easy. No longer worried about buying new lug bolts when I go wider or add a spacer. Easy problem free install

7speedshop.com

Comment

Working...
                        X