m30 feeler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

m30 feeler

Okay guys, its been a long time of going one way or the other, but I think I'm going to sell my m30 and give up the e30 game until I graduate. It hurts me to do it, but I just can't afford an e46 and be building up a modified e30 while in school.

Here's my "feeler" my m30 came out of a 91 535 (has about 80,000 miles) and was installed into my 87 325is... and so the motor will come with the correct transmission, Otis' m30 custom mounts, the adapted 87 325 wiring harness...

the only things that the motor will need (due to the front-end collision that pushed the radiator into the alternator and other front-end motor components) are...
    1) alternator and alt. bracket
    2) power stearing pump and assembly (not really the motor, but still)
    3) harmonic dampener and pulley and the belts that correspond to that

it would come with everything else though. hoses, ECU, ect. Pretty much as complete a setup as possible. i even have an e36 rack that i never installed, all of my IE and bilstein supension... enough to turn a shell into an m30 powered car in a week.

the question is: should i do the stuff up front and charge more, or should I just sell it as-is at a reduced price?

(and no, this is not an official for sale add, but if someone wants to make an offer please do, but i don't want to part it out)

for those that don't know, I bougt a 2001 330i sport to repace my 87 325is after my accident this summer.
    Greg

Is the front end already fixed? If it's minor then fix it and sell as complete running car is my vote. The alt bracket new is about $25 iirc, grab a ps pump/assembly from another parts car and same with the 3).
    Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

The car was totalled and so I pulled everything I possibly could in the hopes of buying a clean shell and putting my parts into it, but I can't affors to do that and do the work on the e46 that i want to. The car is long gone. So my question is: try and sell the motor as-is or make it 100% ready to install?
      Greg

Comment

Oh, in that case it probably doesn't matter much either way. Would be nice for a potential buyer to have all the components though.
        Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

I think I'm going to try and get some shots off this week of everything I'm putting up for sale, I'll list the motor at it's as-is price, and then start looking for stuff to make it complete. (and just work on it until it sells at the as-is price or get it ready to drop in and raise the price a bit.)

I have pretty much everything you need to make a shell ready to go... trunk lid with is spoiler, euro bumpers, headlights galore, tail light bulb holders (from the early models that light your trunk when the lights are on) two sets of rear shocks, front shocks, IE lowering springs, IE muffler and OEM eta exhaust, LSD, 2 sets of NIB tie-rods, polyurethane motor and transmission mounts, ... ect. All of it is going to go and pave the way for upgrades to the e46.

When I graduate in 2 years I'll get another e30, but until then I'm just going to focus on the e46
          Greg

Comment

Just wanted to wish you well selling all this stuff!

See you here again in 2 years!!
            ///Monstrosity. (OO≡≡[][]≡≡OO)

Aside from showing yourself to be offensive, lacking experience and ignorant in the ways of business, you're also illiterate and imprudent. Beyond that, your sense of liability is severely impaired.

Comment

how much are you thinking???
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks doughnut

Edgars325e: As it currently sits... the motor, the wiring harness, MAF, air box, air tubing, pretty much all coolant lines, ix over flow tank, the motor mounts, the IE polyurethane engine and transmission mounts, ECU... and whatever else i have to compete the engine... $900 (negotiable though)

all a person would need, is an alternator and bracket, a PS pump (unless you can use an m20 one... in which case i'll throw one in) a radiator and harmonic dampener and the belts for the alt. and PS... and they should be ready to go. :)

I really really want to see this thing go as a unit so that I'll get to see it in action once again.
                Greg

Comment

Originally posted by learningcurve86 View Post
                  Thanks doughnut

Edgars325e: As it currently sits... the motor, the wiring harness, MAF, air box, air tubing, pretty much all coolant lines, ix over flow tank, the motor mounts, the IE polyurethane engine and transmission mounts, ECU... and whatever else i have to compete the engine... $900 (negotiable though)

all a person would need, is an alternator and bracket, a PS pump (unless you can use an m20 one... in which case i'll throw one in) a radiator and harmonic dampener and the belts for the alt. and PS... and they should be ready to go. :)

I really really want to see this thing go as a unit so that I'll get to see it in action once again.

Does this include a Drive shaft? That is either a custom part or a hard to find large guibo 325E shaft. Might want to consider that. GLWS
                  1987 325i-M60b44 swap

Comment

His transmission output flange has been swapped to one from an m20 g260, so most all e30 driveshafts will bolt up.
                    Byron
                    Leichtbau

Comment

I could include the back half of the drive shaft, but the front half is gone. any e30 6 cylinder shaft should work though

Originally posted by Zacm829 View Post
                      Does this include a Drive shaft? That is either a custom part or a hard to find large guibo 325E shaft. Might want to consider that. GLWS
                      Greg

Comment

Blast! Maybe in a month or so I could do this...

Comment

If you wanted to put down a deposit of 100 I would hold everything for you.
                          Greg

Comment

Working...
                          X