Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Storing my car for the winter. even worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by foofopps View Post
    Im bumping this thread as I am about to put my e30 in a garage for the winter.
    Things I will do:
    -Put in fuel stabilizer
    -Take out anything worth breaking a window over
    -I'm not going to bother with a battery tender as the battery sucks anyway and I plan on getting a new one in the spring.
    -Put the vent on recirculate to deter mice

Anything else I should do?
    Raxe what is with the soap idea? Id like to do mothballs around the car or something to deter mice as well. Poison sounds like a bad idea as I don't want dead mice stinking up my car.

Discuss.
    Soap is useless to detering mice...beleive me, I've tried everything including irish spring soap, they just ate thru it too.

What you really want is this stuff: http://www.wilsonproducts.ca/product....php?prodID=94

it has oates and yummy stuff that mice and rats would love to eat. I've tried this as well as a few other poisons on the first year, this was the only one that was totally consumed in no time. After 2 winters of storing my car in a quancet on the GF's farm, there are actually no more mice in it (I know because they arent' eating anymore poison AND I have no droppings or funny little nests all over the place like we used to).

for $5 a box, I usually bought 2 and put them throughout the car. While eating it they went all thru the ening ecomparment, but never made it into the interior or trunk.

Good luck

Comment

^I don't want to attract mice and rats and then have them die and decompose inside my car...
      Originally posted by b3albakii
      the head was okey .. and in a good mood
      no i didnt over heat it so much
      www.blunttech.com

Comment

Working...
      X