• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ireland Engineering - Urethane Rear Bushing Kit

Product: Urethane Rear Bushing Kit
    Price @ review: $52
    Company: Ireland Engineering
    URL: http://www.bmw2002.com/

I installed these in my car last week. I've put a little over 100miles on these since. I must say I am quite happy with them.

Pros:

Stock bushings (particularly worn units) allow for the alignment of the trailing arms realative to the subframe to change under load. Urethane ensures this is much less of an issue.

Cons:

Harsher, more noise, vibration.
    Potential to squeek, although I have yet to observe this.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
    https://mtechniqueauto.com/

I have 20k on my IE trailing arm bushings.. I can barely hear them squeak if I'm in a parking lot going 5mph, but otherwise they're silent.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

It looks like they have two, did you guys get the race ones or the street versions?

Comment

There is a Race and Street Version subframe bushing, but these are the Trailing arm bushings they are talking about.
        I installed mine on Christmass day the car handles a lot better and feels Planted, No squeks as of yut to report about.
        85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

Originally posted by Cone
          It looks like they have two, did you guys get the race ones or the street versions?
          street, I'm not insane and anything will be stiffer than 140k+ bushings. ;)
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Got em on my 325is, too bad ie customer service sucks more than an automatic 85 318i.

Comment

Originally posted by jackbaggins
              Got em on my 325is, too bad ie customer service sucks more than an automatic 85 318i.
              You mean an 84? :)

Comment

Working...
              X