No announcement yet.

32v > 24v >12v (v8 is gr8)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, I thought a m30 swap was difficult enough in terms of engine wiring etc... But that looks like a nightmare! Good luck
    ///Monstrosity. (OO≡≡[][]≡≡OO)

Aside from showing yourself to be offensive, lacking experience and ignorant in the ways of business, you're also illiterate and imprudent. Beyond that, your sense of liability is severely impaired.

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
      Are these some OEM mounts, like for a 24v swap? Or something custom?

Comment

Originally posted by Doughnut View Post
        Ok, I thought a m30 swap was difficult enough in terms of engine wiring etc... But that looks like a nightmare! Good luck

basically its an m50 swap on the wiring side of things.... not too bad once you get the obd1 harness....

i'm getting ready to make the x20-c101 connector and 90% of the wires are the same as with the m50 swap :D

Comment

You make it sound sooo simple lol, big thumbs up for doing this swap!
          Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
            You make it sound sooo simple lol, big thumbs up for doing this swap!

it is simple....

in theory....

rofl just give it a week or tow i will be eating my words....

nom nom nom nom

Comment

This should be moved to the projects forum. More people need to see this.

Thread discussing obd1 conversions on m62s
              Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.
              Last edited by madjurgen; 07-25-2008, 11:40 PM.

As time went on, the factory developed the car each year, making it faster, more comfortable, and capable of handling at higher speeds.
              You don’t want this. You want the trickiest, most dangerous, oldest model you can find. Only then can you prove to the world that you’re a man.

Comment

Originally posted by madjurgen View Post
                This should be moved to the projects forum. More people need to see this.

Thread discussing obd1 conversions on m62s
                http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...&highlight=m62
                sureee

Comment

Very cool stuff man, I will be watching this one closely.

Comment

750iL driveshaft arrived as well as proper knock sensors and new front timing covers :D

its getting closer i can has smell it!

Comment

32v>24v>12v

You have a great idea there, will the heads fit in between the strut mounts? I will be following this one with interest.

John

Comment

You're going to need a bigger shoe horn...

Comment

engine will fitt no problem. :D

finished making the spreadsheet for the 740iL x20 wiring.....

going to be stripping out the engine bay and removing the core support to be replace by a removalbe core. sometime this week. :D

Comment

some motivation to get the show on the road. :D

the motor mounts showed up today going to go powdercoat them tomorrow morning :D

Comment

hmmm well the motor doesnt exactly want to fit.... time to fab up some subframe spacers :D

Comment

Originally posted by Dominic49 View Post
                                engine will fitt no problem. :D
                                Originally posted by Dominic49 View Post
                                hmmm well the motor doesnt exactly want to fit.... time to fab up some subframe spacers :D

Like I said before...

You're going to need a bigger shoe horn...

I know you can do it, its just not an easy fit from what I have read before.

Hang in there you will get it worked out though. It will be awesome when you do too...

:up:

Comment

Working...
                                X