Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e34 535i 5spd

hey everyone,

Ive been looking around for a daily and came across a 1990 535i 5spd.

I havent seen it in person yet, but from the 1 picture I did see, the body is at least intact with no damage. just looks like a dirty daily, not one to turn heads. good project I think.

The car is also in good running condition with regular maint. done according to the owner.

what's a good a ball park figure for this car?

and what should i really look for when going over this car. any specific idle or rev points i should test it at?

owner claims it was engine and trans swapped by his prev owner from a 75k car 2 years ago.

coming from the e30 m42 and e32 m60 world, i kind of have a good idea.
    but I would like your opinion.

thank you for reading and replying if youve got the time!!

Ive seen a few n my area listed that seem close in the description for 2-2500 however they move fast if they are 5sp and in decent shape. I can't get seem to get close to one though unless is bronze which I don't really like on the e34.

Comment

Right now. id say $2k. Normally clean True 535I/5 Cars go for around 3500.

Is this motor swaped? or is this a 535i built car?

Comment

Regular maint. Like oil and filter changes?? If its a car that nobody has any true love for, I think the car might look nice but might need a few suspension parts and a little tlc. I'd say 2000

sigpic

Comment

I've seen 5-speeds go for as much as 4k easy in decent shape. Nearly all e34s need new suspension. M30 + 5spd is pretty simple really, as long as it doesn't make any horrific noises /has no power it's normally alright and will get better if you treat it right. I would be weary about alleged swaps though.

S54B32 swap in progress. Status: Getting There

Comment

Working...
          X