E30 SR20DET sprint car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 SR20DET sprint car

Hi all, this is my e30 project which i bought at the start of the summer It's currently set up for drifting but I'm going to be turning it into sprint car.
    Basic spec of the car is:
    Blacktop s14 sr20
    Nismo/hks 555 injectors
    Horsham stage 2a exu
    Gizmo boost controller
    Gaz coilovers
    Full weld in cage
    Welded diff
    Bbs rm staggered 8j front 9j rear.

I've done a fair few different things since getting so I'll attempt to share them over a few posts.

First thing was to return the rear lights to standard and give it a quick going over with the DA.

[URL=http://s1178.photobucket.com/user/zachking400/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160604_100001.jpg.html]
    This was followed by a dial surround as there was nothing there.

Next the hideous seats, harnesses and broken seat mounts went

New mounts, seats and harnesses

Comment

Dials were stripped down to remove Un needed bulbs and cover the inspection light.

The mirrors were next as they had some horrible art effect on.
      Primed

Base coat and lacquer

Then finally flatted back with 2.5k grit and brought to a shine with rubbing compound.

Comment

The oil was pure black when I got it too so when I did the oil change couldn't help but get a bright pink hks filter.

the two front scene wheels needed new rubber so I bought some ditch finding toyos to match the rears.

One of the main things I didn't like when I bought the car were the eBay intercooler pipes, so I decided to make some carbon covers up for them.

Rear calipers were painted to tidy them up.

Comment

The grill had seen better days so I removed it, polished the chrome and related sprayed the middle matt black.

Painted the cage with a brush, it was a nightmare

I made me a fancy bonnet prop as there was no latch on the car.

The alternator was over charging (putting 17.3v in at idle). So this was removed and taken to a local garage who refurbed it and recommended I put a battery light on it as there wasn't one prior.

Then it was show time! So gave it a good clean, the Bay is a nightmare as there is no cover over the belt driven fan so dust goes eveywhere!

Comment

Unfortunately after the show it developed an awful miss fire. It had had a flat spot since I had it which I thought was due to it running rich.
            So first off I changed the plugs.
            The gap looked big and one was burnt.

Next the coils were checked and came out all good.

Fuel pump was changed as I had a spare walbro from my old car, still nothing. So I decided that since I'd just bought a welder I'd take the horrible exhaust off and fit the aem wide band lambda I'd been giving with the car.

No pictures of my bird s**t welding sorry.

So once this was back on I found the car to be running lean on boost. So although I didn't expect to achieve much I tried to clean the lambda, this didn't help then by the off chance I bought some contact cleaner and cleaned the maf. Which amazing transformed the car.

So with that done I booked my first sprint day in it which is next week and started prep for that, all the bushes are originals and knackered. So did the lollipop first.

Comment

Purchased a set of original alloys and used slicks then sent them off to be refurbished in shadow chrome.

They were battered and flatted, someone had tried to hammer the flat out and then grind it back so they had to be reworked.

Also decided to by me a posh wheel as the personal one it had, had seen better days.

So bar other little bits and bobs that's pretty much it so far. Plans over the winter are:
              New stainless exhaust
              LSD
              Full polybush
              Hks mushroom filter
              Stack rev counter (standard one doesn't work)
              Carbon door cards
              Then many other little bits too which there are too many to mention. So for now I'll leave you with my favourite picture so far.

Comment

Went for a ride out today to make sure everything's all good for Thursday and to make the most of a nice day in England!
                Also got my self a car cover purchased to stop it getting covered in crap in the barn over winter

Apologies for all the posts at once should of started a thead when I bought it.

Comment

I love it. Looks pretty clean and must be fun to drive! Neat idea on the fog light covers and the finish on those wheels is amazing! Mind sharing your methods on the refinish?

P.S - Nice socks.
                  I don't even own this car anymore, but I'm too lazy to change the picture.

Comment

Originally posted by spike68 View Post
                    I love it. Looks pretty clean and must be fun to drive! Neat idea on the fog light covers and the finish on those wheels is amazing! Mind sharing your methods on the refinish?

P.S - Nice socks.

Thanks it is silly fun to drive!
                    My friends a powder coater luckily, so there chemically stripped then powder coated, sprayed gloss black first then blown over with silver so it leaves the inside of spokes black and the top a dark silver. And thanks haha there a more tame pair of socks in that photo [emoji23]

Comment

Is that OEM paint? If so what color is that?
                      SO MUCH MORE TO DO!!
                      IG: ohthejosh

LEGIT CHECK ME BRUH
                      BUYER FEEDBACK THREAD

Comment

Originally posted by ohthejosh View Post
                        Is that OEM paint? If so what color is that?
                        It is, malachite green!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Comment

I love that color!
                          My Garage
                          2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                          1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                          1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                          Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

That color is amazing! Is that some sort of Cosworth sitting behind it in the shot with the car cover?

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                            Transaction feedback
                            - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
                              That color is amazing! Is that some sort of Cosworth sitting behind it in the shot with the car cover?
                              No unfortunately not its my old fiesta sprint car which I've nearly finished breaking as the e30 has replaced it.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X