X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1985 Baur TC2 with s50 swap

PRICE DROP $7500 firm

Up for sale is my 1985 Baur TC2 with a s50 swap

It was previously listed for sale on here about 4 years ago. https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=330248

I purchased the car last year and have gotten it pretty well sorted since then. It has new springs, new windshield seal, refreshed cooling system, and a few other miscellaneous items.

Reason for sale: My wife and I recently had our first child and the toys have to go. I will add pictures tonight and take better pictures this weekend. I understand that this is a pretty low effort post so I will make it better tonight once I have more time.

Price drop: $7500

Kevin

832 724-3421
    Last edited by kwoodwo; 06-08-2018, 03:12 PM.

Wow

Wasn't that car brought at the Mecum auction for $5k last year?

In fact, it hasn't even technically been a year.

I'm curious, with fees etc, how much did you pay for it?

Always wondered what the final price is on those TV Mecum auctions.

That was a smoking deal I saw on TV.

Tony's old car that was listed for $8500 four years ago and sold on ebay for $7600.

It's a cali car and considering the Mecum auction and transportation fees, the previous seller appears to have taken a loss when you brought it.

Not sure if you knew but the car was previously sold in stock form in 2009. Asking was $3995. I want to say that was one of Ary's old cars at the time (saw it on craigs and I believe he has a few of them) but I can't be 100% sure.

E30s are a dime a dozen, and you probably wouldn't give an early 318i a second glance. But today, Nice Price or Crack Pipe has one with a sassy top that's ready to give you a peek.

Good luck with the sale.
    Last edited by Javier h; 04-03-2018, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Yep. I purchased this car at Mecum but I think the "hammer" price was $5,500. After fees and taxes it ended up being close to $7k if I remember correctly. I realized then and there that Mecum makes a ton of money on each car they sell....They make a percentage on both the sell side and the buy side. crazy.

When I went to pick it up it wouldn't start and needed to be jumped each time to start. What we found is that the aftermarket alarm was causing problems. So I had the wiring reconfigured and all of the electrical work done correctly.

I am honestly just trying to get back what I have into it (windshield seal and electrical work are expensive). $9k is probably still a pretty cheap price for a s50 swap but I need to sell, unfortunately.
      Last edited by kwoodwo; 04-03-2018, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Pictures of items for sale are required per forum rules. Please post some. Thanks in advance.
        Originally posted by kronus
        would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

new pictures uploaded. The chin spoiler was off and I forgot about it until reviewing the pictures. I have it and it will be included with sale.
          Last edited by kwoodwo; 04-05-2018, 04:54 PM.

Comment

i've never been much of a Baur fan, but that's a cool car, sir. And $9k is a far cry from what you'd have to spend to build it. Looks tight! GLWS

Comment

Originally posted by ethurtee View Post
              i've never been much of a Baur fan, but that's a cool car, sir. And $9k is a far cry from what you'd have to spend to build it. Looks tight! GLWS

I agree that's a pretty fair price considering the E30 market especially how clean it looks.
              2016 F-150
              1987 Royalblau 325es B25 turbocharged

Build thread here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=405594

Comment

Bump. I have had a lot of interest but no real offers just yet. Still for sale but need it gone.

Comment

I live in kingwood and have never seen this car... Far out.

Comment

Still for sale. I need to get it sold. I am about to put it on bringatrailer but really don’t want to mess with that hassle.

Send me a reasonable offer

Comment

I would avoid BAT at all costs. At least eBay offers some sort of security that your buyer won't completely back out. Looks like a neat little car. Best of luck on your sale.
                      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Tempting.

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
                        Sounds like you need a massage.
                        Originally posted by kpeng
                        Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                          I would avoid BAT at all costs. At least eBay offers some sort of security that your buyer won't completely back out. Looks like a neat little car. Best of luck on your sale.
                          What security is it that eBay offers that buyers don't back out??

BaT requires CC info just to bid, and guarantees a charge whether you buy or not. In addition, it typically brings the highest prices I've seen, at least on things other than american muscle, especially on e30's. Answering the litany of questions may be a hassle, but eBay is the marketplace I would avoid at all costs. Perhaps you've never been held hostage for feedback, but as a dealer that used to sell a lot on ebay, I can tell you it was rarely worth the hassle.

Comment

Bringatrailer offers much more protection than eBay.

I also hold the record (according to EAG) for the selling price of a e34 m5 thanks to bringatrailer. It brings strong money when you have the right car for sale.

However, to do it correctly is a massive pain that I am not sure I am up for on a sub $10k car.

Comment

Still for sale.

Comment

Working...
                              X