No announcement yet.

Anybody wanna kill their PO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man when I first read the title, I thought you were referring to a "parole officer." I was like "oh man this is going to be such a shitstorm!"

But alas, it is about cars. God damnit.

No, my PO was a 30 year Mercedes master tech who did errthang right other than the stereo.
    My 1991 318is Progression Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Nairb View Post
      Man when I first read the title, I thought you were referring to a "parole officer." I was like "oh man this is going to be such a shitstorm!"

But alas, it is about cars. God damnit.
      Beat me to it! I was going to say the same thing, then try to find out who the PO was and send them a link to this thread.
      No E30 Club
      Originally posted by MrBurgundy
      Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

I'm kind of pissed at whoever broke off a bolt on my thermostat housing and didn't fix it, but my car was serviced at a dealership for the first 20 years of its life so it's mostly good to go.

Also - if you ever really have to know, some sealant and two bolts will seal the tstat housing just fine :)

Comment

^^^that would have been interesting. lol

did i meantion having to tap and re-thread almost all of the valve cover and top timing cover bolt holes and the crap overspray on some bootleg paint job they had done. probobly maaco. it really isnt all that bad minus the hood and overspray on all of the black trim parts. man ive come a long way with this car.

and my dad just bought my brother a 2001 528i for his fist car. man am i jealous of those wheels and stance.
          DENY IGNORANCE!
          Schwarz 325-totaled
          brilliantrot 318i-daily

Originally posted by mkcman17
          don't think your hamster wheels are fast now. you will still have to give up when trying to pass that V6 odyssey to make your offramp.

Comment

I actually would love to drive to my cars PO's house and give her a big 'ol kiss. Judging by all the service records she is awesome.

07 Designio E63 AMG / 1984 318i (M20Swapped)

Comment

not me, po took top notch care of my eta. hence, 320,000 and runs like a top.
              sigpic

Comment

My PO was pretty straight with me as far as I can tell, nothing bad has happened so far (knock on wood).

I'm the 7th owner and the owners before me definitely had fun with it, but the worst thing I've found so far was when I stripped the interior. I could've started a candy store with all the shit I found under my carpet, and enough loose change to pay the rent, plus enough make-up supplies to get some hookers up for show.

Tomorrow I'm getting my second E30, it appears to be pretty immaculate but only time will tell.

Cheers to my PO and the five before him!
                Different strokes for different folks.

Comment

Originally posted by pharow View Post
                  The PO cut a huge hole in the backseat. I guess he had a sub in the trunk. He also took out the HU and left it open with all the wires just hanging.
                  wtf mine too. dumb bastards.. smh.

Comment

When I was newer to cars I bought a 75 Malibu with a 350. I thought I had a real muscle car. It had a chrome air filter setupand a few other chrome pieces. He said the engine was freshly rebult (in other words painted and it was filled with heavy weight oil to dampen some bad noises and also stop leak of some kind). Also had serious quarter panel rust hidden with Bondo and guess what; more paint. The guy was impossible to reach after the sale.

I soon sold the car at a significant loss but learned a valuable lesson. I never liked that body style since.
                    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. -Mark Twain

Comment

Yes.

Comment

hahahaha your lucky..... zip ties held up my entire "mtech 2 kit" dash caught fire because of faulty wiring, skid plate, interior pieces... hell just about everything had zipties instead of bolts or mounts.... and the rack and pinion wasnt even connected.... so i dont know how i didnt die.... not to mention a longer list i dont even want to get into.
                        Originally Posted by slammin.e28guy
                        Girls can be "friends"?

I always thought they were just like my car. I get one I like and hold onto it for a while. Starts breaking and shit....flip it.

Comment

not at all, if i did that he would stop coming over to help me work on it
                          BroWorks.com Bro is a lifestyle

Comment

Yea you better maintain that relationship. My PO's had a nice GTI and a Mazda speed 3. Man did my best friend have some ideas involving paintballs and paint thinner balloons but I'm not that kind of person plus at the time I just put the blame on me because I should've known better but got blinded by the fact it was a good looking manual E30.
                            DENY IGNORANCE!
                            Schwarz 325-totaled
                            brilliantrot 318i-daily

don't think your hamster wheels are fast now. you will still have to give up when trying to pass that V6 odyssey to make your offramp.

Comment

This^ i rushed into it, a lot more problems, but i was so excited to get my first e30. The coolant looked good, apparently my eyes thought they saw pink, it was just water. Some of the radiator hoses were ran behind the motor, and were pieced together using 2-3 pieces of other radiator hose. How the fuck does some moron even do that. Just go buy the right hose for ten dollars. The kick panels looked like someone cut a speaker hole in them with a butter knife. The list goes on and on haha
                              The radiator hoses baffles me the most

Comment

Here's a pic of that RV tow bar in the front. Have to take an engine bay pic to see how far it's come from that cosmolined monstocity.

DENY IGNORANCE!
                                Schwarz 325-totaled
                                brilliantrot 318i-daily

Comment

Working...
                                X