Fuel injector o-ring leaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel injector o-ring leaks

So I smelled a little gas the other night and checked it out in the morning. Turns out that on injector #4, fuel is leaking past the o-ring(on the pintle side). Pulled the injectors and removed the o-ring. Cleaned up the injector and mounting hole in the lower intake. Installed a new oring and it was good for about a day and started leaking again. Nothing is bent or damaged.

Anybody got tips or advice for getting it to seal?
    DENY IGNORANCE!
    Schwarz 325-totaled
    brilliantrot 318i-daily

Originally posted by mkcman17
    don't think your hamster wheels are fast now. you will still have to give up when trying to pass that V6 odyssey to make your offramp.

Did you put a little motor oil on the o-ring before installation?

-NICK

Comment

No I didn't. That help create a seal?
      DENY IGNORANCE!
      Schwarz 325-totaled
      brilliantrot 318i-daily

don't think your hamster wheels are fast now. you will still have to give up when trying to pass that V6 odyssey to make your offramp.

Comment

Originally posted by kwill22 View Post
        No I didn't. That help create a seal?
        It will help it slide inside the little flare it needs to be in to seal.

Also I think that I remember some guys getting a hold of some o-rings that were not the correct size, but sold for the car. They had similar issues. You're sure you have the right o-ring right? Didn't just eyeball it?

Comment

agreed with above. is it the right size? If they leak sometimes you just need a oring with a bigger od.

be really careful not to pinch the oring on anything. ive made that mistake before
          www.cp-e.com

1989 Zinno 325i m52 turbo coupe
          2015 Ford Fiesta ST, Daily Driver.

Comment

Yea they're the right size, not pinched on anything that I can see. I also noticed though that there is slight movement of the ring that sits above the o-ring. There isn't any gap and slim to non movement on the other injectors.

So maybe it's not sitting down far enough or is unevenly spread inside the manifold.
            DENY IGNORANCE!
            Schwarz 325-totaled
            brilliantrot 318i-daily

Comment

Working...
            X