B&M short shifter vs Z3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B&M short shifter vs Z3

I'm torn between the B&M and the Z3 short shifter, does anyone have first-hand experience with both?

thanks!

Yes, I have experience with both.

You may also want to explore better supplier options. Anyone who willingly sells the B&M shifter is either a)clueless b)just wants your money c)both
    ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Thanks! What shifter would you recommend? I do want to keep the price reasonable and not shell out 500 bucks for a shifter. I saw CAtuned is selling and using the B&M in most of their builds... What didn't you like about it?

Comment

As a rule-of-thumb look for suppliers that specialized in E30's prior to the hype-train that began eight years ago (or so).

UUC, Rogue Eng., AKG, and bimmerworld all feature in-house engineered/manufactured options that work great (and all cost under $500). UUC/Rogue just takes the standard shifter design and goes as far as you can. AKG and Bimmerworld changes the setup so that the shifter housing is now bolted to the tunnel.

... as for the B&M, it's the same thing as the chinese pieces littering ebay.

Best of luck! I'm assuming you will be out at SoCalVintage?
        ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Working...
        X