Cage builder reccomendations SoCal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cage builder reccomendations SoCal

Im looking for some fabricators/cage builders in the SoCal area.
    I want a welded in half cage. Don't need anything certified etc etc, no one too expensive.
    We're in deep now boys
    1988 325i SETA - Daily driver
    1988 340iL - Track car
    My M60 V8 swap thread here
    [oo==OO==oo]

Based on your criteria, I'd say Garagistic, they already sell a bolt in half-cage kit, I'm sure you can talk to them about welding it in. They're in Westminster.

Currently building a badass coffee table
    Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

they're not interested, ive asked before.
      We're in deep now boys
      1988 340iL - Track car
      [oo==OO==oo]

Comment

How about castro motosports? They do a whole of BMW wrenching. Have you tried them?

Comment

My neighbor does a lot of fabrication, mostly off road stuff but he could definitely build you a cage for your E30. He does good work, If I see him this weekend I'll ask him and let you know what he says and probably a price too.

Comment

I'll just.. google some places...

The site is currently under construction. Please use the contact page to get in touch and be sure to visit again soon!

For your fabrication needs. We do chassis fabrication, roll cages, custom rear housing, suspension components, headers, stainless steel, titanium, aluminum, custom fuel & oil tanks, exhaust systems.

10 reviews and 4 photos of PIERCE MOTORSPORTS "Jim Pierce fabricated a custom roll-cage for my Boxster Spec. Before the build Jim patiently answered my barrage of questions, regarding the optimum tubing and wall thickness. He also explained in great detail how the appropriate triangulation, bracing and gusseting provides maximum strength, to the internal structure. The turnaround time for my particular build was about ten days, during which time Jim forwarded me photos of his progress! This is one of many ways Jim is willing, to go the extra mile. Upon completion, the cage looked phenomenal. In addition to perfect welds, the cage tightly hugged the pre-existing tube, preserving precious space within the greenhouse. I couldn't be happier with Jim's work, if you are looking for a good fabricator, for either road racing or rally applications, I recommend you check out Pierce Motorsports."

I know for a fact this^ one has done full BMW cages. Don't know if he'll do a half though.

Comment

thanks for the links. I did some Yelping as well.
              We're in deep now boys
              1988 340iL - Track car
              [oo==OO==oo]

Comment

blackbird is awesome, but has never responded to any of my requests. I think hes too busy building miata roll bars
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                  blackbird is awesome, but has never responded to any of my requests. I think hes too busy building miata roll bars
                  Yeah, I saw them, Ill give them a call. Zerek in anaheim is kinda the same way, too busy making full products/959 hybrid shells to do a quick half cage.
                  We're in deep now boys
                  1988 340iL - Track car
                  [oo==OO==oo]

Comment

theres a guy out in Simi Valley who helped me with mine. I had the roll bar, he built some plinth boxes for them and welded it into the car. Drawing a blank on the name of the shop right now. He can probably build you all of it from scratch but it will likely be around $1500 min
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:
                    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

this guy will build you a cage

-
                      Project
                      Parts for Sale
                      Feedback
                      YouTube Channel

Comment

Just curious, have you gotten good results? Has a shop agreed to build you the cage?

Comment

I've only talked to my local fab guy so far, Ill get more quotes at the end of the year.
                          Main hoop, 2 downbars to strut towers/subframe, main hoop Xbar, harness bar, and low door bars with DOM is in the $13-1600 range, which im happy with. Non cert.
                          We're in deep now boys
                          1988 340iL - Track car
                          [oo==OO==oo]

Comment

Yeah that's about what I'd expect. Those downbars (I call them kickers) are most likely going to the wheel well or the trunk floor next to the struts, hopefully above the springs. Cheaper shops will aim for the wheel well because it's the most accessible; the better shops will fab boxes/tabs around the strut tower itself for the kickers. None of which would connect to the subframe mounts, unfortunately.

Would you get a harness bar through the X, for both driver & passenger?

Comment

Originally posted by iwantspeed View Post
                              He built our cage. Excellent build quality. Hit him up for sure.
                              sigpic
                              Rediculously Cool!

www.squatchboxx.com

Instagram @squatchboxxcoolers

Comment

Working...
                              X