Rubbing problems.. suggestions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rubbing problems.. suggestions please

Put on the 15mm spacers today, lots of rubbing in the rear so I did a bit of fender rolling the old fashion way. My car is not that low but my springs are on the soft side (H&R Sports -1.3F&R) and its actually rubbing above the flair on the q-panel. Ive seen some pretty dumped e30's so I know there is a way around this.

Thanks in advance for your help..

couple pic's

(rear)

Uhm, is there a question? And what offset are the wheels to begin with?
    sigpic

Comment

Either Im going to roll the fenders more or take the spacers off.. I was just wondering what all the guys with wide wheels and low cars do for clearance..

The wheels are 15x8 32 offset.
      Last edited by sumyungguy; 07-13-2007, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Friend of mine has a fender roller and we rolled my rear fenders today, got most of the rubbing gone. It only rubs under hard corner acceleration..

Comment

try a 10mm spacer then you would be around et22 instead of et17

Comment

Originally posted by atomic View Post
            try a 10mm spacer then you would be around et22 instead of et17
            That was going to be my reply since you now posted what we needed to know. 8/10/12mm spacers. not 15.
            sigpic

Comment

Yes but none of those keep the wheel hub centric, the rubbibg is problem is pretty much fixed and the wheels look even better front and back.

Thanks

Comment

If you use an 8 mm spacer, the hub should still extend through it.
                sigpic

Comment

205/50 tires will help. I know where you're talking about.

I pulled out that part of the fender a little too. Using the bulkiness of the wheel on the roller, I just put it against the fender and rolled it out even more.

Ask a buddy about pulling the fender vs rolling the fender.

Of course, don't pull the fender if you are worried about making the fenders look slightly different.
                  R.I.P 07/01/09 - 04/23/10 :(

Comment

Originally posted by 92 mtechnic cabrio View Post
                    205/50 tires will help.
                    My suggestion as well.
                    Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
                    EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
                    FullOpp Stickers for sale!
                    NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
                    Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
                    ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

Originally posted by 92 mtechnic cabrio View Post
                      205/50 tires will help. I know where you're talking about.

I pulled out that part of the fender a little too. Using the bulkiness of the wheel on the roller, I just put it against the fender and rolled it out even more.

Ask a buddy about pulling the fender vs rolling the fender.

Of course, don't pull the fender if you are worried about making the fenders look slightly different.
                      Thanks, I had the idea but didnt know if it would work. I'll give it a shot if it is still rubbing up there, for now it's pretty good.

as for 205's, naa I really like how the 215's look.. I also just paid $$$ for these dunlop sport 5000's.

Comment

Working...
                      X