Looking for engine rebuild in Portland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for engine rebuild in Portland

Broke a valve spring and rocker arm on my new to me 1989 325i and have the engine completely out and looking for a local machine shop that can refresh my M20. I don't have any experience with the bottom end so don't know how to refresh this block. Any good experienced shops or people local doing this work? Here's some pics. Looking forward to joining the community :)

That's impressive damage. Sorry about your car. Might try Central Cylinder Head in lower SE Portland.
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Haven't tried them yet. I'll give them a call. I'd like to stay local before just buying a bimmerheads engine if I can. Most places I've called only do the head.

Comment

Talk to Ryan over at Dynasport. He can either get you a quote for him to do the rebuild or send you to a good shop to use.

What are your plans? Just a refresh or increase the performance.
        1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
        2016 Ford Flex
        2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Just a refresh. Never heard of that place. I'll give them a call too.

Comment

Originally posted by izzypop View Post
            Haven't tried them yet. I'll give them a call. I'd like to stay local before just buying a bimmerheads engine if I can. Most places I've called only do the head.

Central is one of the few that does bottom end work as well. Definitely call them first. Jerry is the owner and a good guy, done a lot of business with him over the years.
            '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
              Talk to Ryan over at Dynasport. He can either get you a quote for him to do the rebuild or send you to a good shop to use.

What are your plans? Just a refresh or increase the performance.

Definitely a +1 for Ryan. He's always fair and does good work.
              Derek-

Comment

Originally posted by izzypop View Post
                Dustys Machine shop on St johns road in Hazel Dell,

Brian and Dale, are amazing, have done all my bmw heads. Top notch

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Thanks for all the recommendations. Talked to Ryan and going to take the engine to him for a diagnosis.

Comment

Ryan did a great job. Thanks all for the recommendation.

Comment

Thanks for the recommendation. Ryan did a great job.

Comment

Working...
                      X