• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beautiful...simply beautiful

Comment

Here's some interior and other shots for you from the coming brochure:

-> Afficionados join the M-technic I club

Comment

I love reading the bash threads on here concerning newer BMWs. I'm willing to be money that 90% of the people here couldn't afford one anyway based on the condition of their E30s. Having worked on and owned a bunch of different BMWs I like both ends of the spectrum.

Newer shit is far easier to deal with and better engineered, assuming you have the proper computer tools, if not well then you are fucked, but otherwise they're better cars from a service standpoint. Everything has drawbacks, E30s are noisey and stale in stock form, plus by modern standards they're slow and don't grip for shit. Having said that the one in the garage right now is never leaving, it's a riot to drive but is it the be all and end all...NO

I say all this after having bought an E90 M3 which is a bad ass nasty car that outperforms all but the most bad ass of E30s in addition to being comfortable and passing the date test with a woman. The other side of that equation though is that the electronics and the other gadgetry sort of insulate you from the raw side of the machines that something primitive and old like an E30 lets you experience. I'll take both thanks!
        sigpicFormer professional wrench thrower.
        Current:
        1988 325is S52
        Former:
        2008 Sparkling Graphite M3 Sedan(victim of home ownership)
        1988 M5
        1996 328is

Comment

kidneys overdone, but overall i like it.
          '12 F30 328i Sport Line
          '91 SpecE30 #523
          '00 Ford F-350 Dually Tow Vehicle

BMWCCA #360858 NASA #

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
            I'm with euroshark. That car looks like a turd in pics. But you all will poop your undies when you see it on rolling down the highway.
            It does look like SHIT in the pics, and that color isn't much better. Bronzit needs to die! That rear end is pretty bad, tho.

Can't wait to see an M!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
              It does look like SHIT in the pics, and that color isn't much better. Bronzit needs to die! That rear end is pretty bad, tho.

Can't wait to see an M!
              Who needs an M when it comes with the TT 3.0!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
                Who needs an M when it comes with the TT 3.0!!!
                Because the current Z4 M looks a hundred bajillion times better than a stock-bodied Z4. To hell with the engine.

I'd take a 335i over a new M3 any day.

Comment

Because the current Z4 M looks a hundred bajillion times better than a stock-bodied Z4. To hell with the engine.

Make that a 135i and we're in business.:twisted:
                  sigpic

88 325is

Comment

Drive them both... then say that.
                    sigpicFormer professional wrench thrower.
                    Current:
                    1988 325is S52
                    Former:
                    2008 Sparkling Graphite M3 Sedan(victim of home ownership)
                    1988 M5
                    1996 328is

Comment

I laughed a lot.

The 'new' z4 looks okay to me. Some people are afraid of change? Or they think a brick is a good design. I've been a fan of all the new cars since the e65. Usually the facelift cars look a lot better, look at the e60 facelifts and e9x facelifts. Give them a few years to sort things out and I'm sure the facelift model of this will look stunning.
                      1988 M3, 97 840, 99 XJ
                      DILLIGAF

Comment

At first I didn't like the Z4's but I'm really starting to like them. I'd buy an M..maybe

Comment

I thought they had finally found their way again with the new e90 restyle, but I guess not.

Byron
                          Leichtbau

Comment

Looks a lot better than the monstrosity that is the current Z4.

91 318is

Comment

whats up with the new flat fronts on the 7series and this car??? it looks like they ran into walls haha
                              AW 89' 325i Vert - SOLD

Comment

Yeah E30's are sexy, but I think the new Z4 is pretty sweet looking!

I think the grilles are over-exaggerated as well. If they were 15% smaller they'd look perfect.

People ALWAYS do this with the new BMW's. ALWAYS. They bitch about everything, then 2 years down the road they love them.Can't win them all I guess. People bitched when they designed the flat front to the E30/E34 over the slanted front E21/E28 but they got over it didn't they?
                                E30- 1989 325is

Comment

Working...
                                X