Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Extremely clean 89 E30 Turbo! 470hp! Maryland! Featured in Performance BMW!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extremely clean 89 E30 Turbo! 470hp! Maryland! Featured in Performance BMW!

So after much thought I have decided to place my E30 up for sale. I am a BMW technician of 10 years and have owned quite a few BMW's this is by far my favorite!

Vin: WBAAA1308KAE57AAS
    Mileage: 166,635
    Contact Phone: 4434173163 Text please
    Email ( easiest contact option): bmwtch8@hotmail.com

Probably one of the cleanest e30's out there. I purchased the car from a forum member (e30de89) back in June of 2009. After receiving the car a friend and I got to work on getting things up and running. Its gone through a completely motor tear down and rebuild which I will touch on a little later.

After all was said the car was recently featured in the March 2013 issue of Performance BMW. The car is a serious head turner. Everyone loves it. Spins all the way through 4th gear.

The car currently produces : 470Whp and 450Wtq at 25psi. Can easily hold over 600hp.
    It was tuned by Evans Tuning in Mt. Bethel PA. He is well known with tuning and did a great job.

Engine Specs:
    -O-Ringed block
    -Arp head studs
    -Arp main studs
    -Arp rod bolts
    -Eagle forged rods
    -JE forged pistons with double pin oilers
    -Vac forced induction camshaft
    -Brand new factory cylinder head
    -Stock BMW head gasket
    -Devils own methanol injection
    -Adjustable cam sprocket
    -Walboro 255lph pump
    - -8an fuel lines
    -72lb Rc Injectors
    -Aeromotive rising rate fpr
    -PPF Nuke fuel rail
    -New factory oil pump
    -Mishimoto radiator
    -Bimmerworld silicone coolant hoses

The Motor has less than 2k on it.

Turbo Setup:
    -666 Turbo Manifold
    -Garrett GTX3076R (dual ball bearing)
    -3'' Down pipe
    -Megasquirt Stand Alone (Version 2)
    -Direct ignition
    -Jegs high output coils
    -8mm Wire set
    -3'' Intercooler piping
    -Tial 38mm wastegate
    -Tial 50mm bov
    -Turbosmart Eboost2 controller
    -Innovate wide band
    -Innovate turbo timer
    -24''x12''x3'' Leke intercooler
    -Autometer Oil Pressure Gauge
    -NGK Iridium plugs

Clutch:
    -Lightened single mass steel flywheel (around 8lbs)
    -Southbend stage 3 clutch kit (good for over 600wtq)

Brakes:
    -Front are cross drilled rotors with ebc pads (half life left)
    -Rear are brand spanking new factory rotors with ebc pads

Wheels and Tires:
    -Front 16x8 CCW Classics Falken Ziex Tires (215/40)
    -Rears 16x9 CCW Classics Falken Ziex Tires (225/40)

Suspension:
    -Bilstien Sport shocks and Struts
    -Dinan Springs

Interior:
    -Sparco Fixed back seats
    -Custom Roll Cage
    -Custom Harnesses

Overall exterior condition is an 8 out of 10. It has NO RUST at all. It was garage kept by the previous owner and I. It does have a few dents and scratches but nothing major at all.

The car does have a radio but the antenna was shaved. I only use it for my ipod and cd's.
    Also has smoked tail lights, and smoked front marker lights, and xenon headlamps. The carpet was removed and a blue color speaker box material was put in it place. This was the previous owners doing. Can easily be replaced with stock carpet. You have to prime the fuel system a few times because of the fuel line size but once the car starts its fine. The icv was removed so you need to hold the revs up a little bit until its warm. I also removed the heater core cooling lines to clean up the engine bay can easily be reinstalled if you want heat. I just never drive the car in the winter. The Hood and trunk emblems were shaved along with the door locks and antenna. The car was repainted Porsche Lapius blue. I have a folder full of receipts from over the years. I am scared to add them all up lol. Also the Speedo is inop. Pretty sure it is the sender in the diff. One of the sunroof cables is broken. This can easily be repaired on a Saturday.

The car does have a rebuilt title from the State of Washington. I honestly don't know what had happened to it. The car has never game me any issues and looking it over I don't see any damage at all underneath to the frame.

Trust me I know I am missing some more items I should add in terms of parts. If I think of anything else I will add it. Feel free to ask any questions at all they are welcome. I will get a lot more pics this weekend, the weather here has been crappy so I have had the car in the garage. I will answer all questions so feel free to ask! Anything I can remember to add to the listing I will! Thanks!

Josh

Asking Price 15,500

1989 BMW 325IS TURBO. CCW Classic 4's 16x8 Fronts 16x9 Rears. Turbonetics T-4 60-1, 72 LBS. RC Injectors, Megasquirt Stand Alone, Walboro 255Lph Fuel Pump, Tial 38mm Waste Gate, Tial 50mm BOV, Innovate Wide Band, Turbosmart Eboost 2, O-Ringed Block, ARP Head Studs, Eagle Forged Rods, JE Forged Pistons Over Bored o 85mm,Direct Ignition, 3'' Exhaust, 24x12x3 Leke Intercooler, Innovate Turbo Timer, Devils Own Methanol Injection.

Wow, that looks like an amazing car. Pics of interior? GLWS.
    88 325is - S52 powered

Originally posted by King Arthur
    We'll not risk another frontal assault, that rabbit's dynamite!

Comment

What a GORGEOUS car. Nice job. GLWS

Comment

Well, ive pm'd , texted and emailed....hopefully get a response.
        sigpic

Comment

Pending Sale

1989 BMW 325IS TURBO. CCW Classic 4's 16x8 Fronts 16x9 Rears. Turbonetics T-4 60-1, 72 LBS. RC Injectors, Megasquirt Stand Alone, Walboro 255Lph Fuel Pump, Tial 38mm Waste Gate, Tial 50mm BOV, Innovate Wide Band, Turbosmart Eboost 2, O-Ringed Block, ARP Head Studs, Eagle Forged Rods, JE Forged Pistons Over Bored o 85mm,Direct Ignition, 3'' Exhaust, 24x12x3 Leke Intercooler, Innovate Turbo Timer, Devils Own Methanol Injection.

Comment

Always LOVED this car!
            Turbo E30
            Roadkill 80lb 93 octane OBDI tune
            BavSol Cylinder Head
            Stock S50 in. cam Schrick ex. cam
            Otis' tubular T4 manifold
            Oringed 87mm S52, Eagle rods and 8.5:1 CP pistons.
            GT4094r w/Batmowheel Impeller
            614whp@17.5psi, 100 Oct
            690whp@21psi, 100 Oct
            801whp@27psi, 110 URT
            Old: 1/4 mile: 10.91@144.38 (636whp)
            New: ?
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_f7fUVqblI

Comment

I would love to buy it back if not for the current project I have! You finished the car really nicely and the price is really fair. Hopefully it goes to a good home and maybe someday ill be able to get it back.

Btw the salvage title was due to a fact that the oil pan was damaged on a speed bump(engine was not overheated). The car went trough insurance which made it salvage. That's when I bought it. Had the whole car stripped and can say it is 100% rust free.

Good luck with sale. And the buyer keep me informed in case you want to sell it

Denis

Green 89 325 s52 build: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=280902

Comment

Denis! How are you?! Been a long time!

Comment

Oh I'm good! Life has been more busy but got Back into e30 thing again. Just stumbled across this post and made me want the car back so bad! Lol. It was just my first car and a first e30. Are you moving on to something else? And did you sell that red e30m3 you were selling ? Always wanted one of those.

Working on this now. You can check my build thread

Denis

Green 89 325 s52 build: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=280902

Comment

Looking to wrap up the purchase of these beauty today . Once in my possession it will be garaged and cared for responsibly. Thanks Josh.
                    sigpic

Comment

Dissappointed...

Well i received the car thursday from the driver at exactly 10pm i arrived and he had it running next to the truck . The driver was 50yr old middle eastern man. I got in it and drove it 4 houses down to my mothers home where they all came out looking at it. We all stood around it amazed at the nice looking car. My mother said "another one" as I've owned 4 of these in the past. I finally tell them I'm gonna take it around the block a few times... i notice the temp gauge was high ...past the middle. I took a pic and immediately and sent it to Josh bmwtch8. I drove out the driveway and as i drove i noticed the temp gauge went down. I felt the car relatively fine although it had no exhaust which Josh didn't tell me and no copy of the magazine he said would give me I figured it might come in the mail with the title he was sending. I got my stuff in my wives car and she followed behind me. I was driving steadily down the San Antonio hwy (with no plates in front or rear , no insurance or registration and ridiculously noisy i was extremely weary of the state troopers so i had my wife follow close behind me. I was driving down the hwy and would notice if i gave it gas the temp would go past the middle considerably. I felt the power in the car was remarkable. But then again it would get hot...so i drove with caution till i got to my town and the car started to sputter, misfire and hesitate. The only way i could keep it on at stops was to accererlate so it would die out. I barely made it home exhausted and frankly disappointed. I texted Josh about the whole thing that night..including the fact that the car felt powerful..but i also shared my concerns about the overheating and misfiring. The next morning at work i received a text from him basically saying to let the car rest and maybe it needed more gas. He didn't address the overheating or address the pics i had sent him asking him about the temp gauge. He just didn't mention it. So later on i kind of pressed him on it ...to which he would say " i drove it from my house to the truck drivers location" " I had no issues". Thats it. Before i purchased the car he told me the car and the engine was solid not misfiring, no smoking , no stalling....car was solid as he put it. Never had any issues with the car. He drove it 400 miles and on and on. Thats why i felt comfortable buying it. Reading his post to sell the car i noticed he never put any of that on the post. He never said the engine was solid and in great driving condition. He rated the Body and the interior 8-10 but never rated the engine. Anyway friday at 2pm i shot a wedding and finished up at midnight and it was raining and cold so i just went to bed. Saturday come along and i prep my gear for another wedding and leave at 1pm i get out and come home at 11:30 and decide to go to the garage and look under the hood under light for the first time. I look under the hood and immediately see there is coolant all over the coolant resovour...frankly i kinda felt sick at that point. I unscrew the cap i see a bunch of corky material everywhere inside....i mean a lot. I immediately send pics to Josh. I also send him a text telling him i spent a whole lot of money on this car. He texts in the morning that he doesn't know what I'm talking about and doesn't know how i drove it. That he would never knowingly sell a car that was misrepresented. I frankly don't believe him. He also must have repeated 4 times on 4 different texts " I drove the car to the tow truck and had no issues" i am paraphrasing. I have all the texts and pics i won't waste you alls time in posting. I really need help guys. Ive only posted this because he just won't help ...he got his money and thats it. This is the supposed car that can handle 600hp ? I never got to get on it once....imagine that. Yes I've rebuilt these m20's before I'm going to have to pull the head off and see what other surprises there is. I Anaylize his previous posts leading up to wanting to sell it all of a sudden .Its very suspicious now. Even his post on selling the car mysteriously leaves out how the car drives engine wise. His previous post's talk about him wanting to take the car up to 32lbs of boost on a stock HG.. which is fine i know its better to replace Hg than to have to piece it back together from the bottom up. I just think he was pushing to much boost. Im going to have to put a new head gasket and bring down the boost to under 20lbs......he was always brushing over the "does it overheat question" even before i purchased he would just say "I've never had any issues with the car" . Anyway word to the wise...be careful. This is a great forum and I'm going to do a lot of research. There was a lot of other turbo e30's for sale that i passed over for his car. The others were honest about the condition mechanically about the car ...leak here , leak there, needed tuning this or that....i should of realistically looked at those cars or just bought a swap. Expensive lesson learned. I just bought the car basically two days ago and its broke down. At this point I'm practically at the mercy of the forum to get it running again. Yes i can put the head gasket on ...but I'm not familiar with turbo's so gonna have to learn... at the end of the day its my problem. Careful guys. If he responds to this post.... ill just bust out the photos and you decide if a "solid car" capable of withstanding 600hp should break down the day you buy it. Not logical. It makes sense for me to take care of my purchase and not get it towed by state troopers.
                      Last edited by 10yre30r; 11-24-2013, 04:54 PM. Reason: dkk
                      sigpic

Comment

well that stinks, crank down boost, replace headgasket, and make sure you run some quality gas. It only takes one pull with either a boost spike, or too much timing to pop the head gasket. Also on a turbo car without knock sensors "lugging" the car or trying to do pulls in 5th gear instead of downshifting can cause detonation and pop the gasket

7speedshop.com

Comment

Might be wise to edit your post minus the accusations. These old engines with boost are sensitive as hell, and any level of DD would have made you aware of that. Turbo anything and its going to be sensitive as hell, whether the car was made last month or twenty years ago.

I think you have a basis for concern, and your post seems reasonable to share so long as you don't accuse. You may have done something to blow the gasket, which after repaired and not repeated will have the car running as advertised.

The thing about the muffler seems pretty strange.

I have come close to buying cars off of forums sight unseen, just because of the ability to read opinions about the individual, and view their history. Your experience is why I've always hesitated.

Sorry about your bad luck, and hopefully it's just a blown gasket and things will look better soon.
                          work in progress

Comment

Wow sucks to hear this

Hopefully you get it sorted out ASAP

mtech1/2jzgte/r154/275tire
                            function>form

Comment

Well , thanks for the encouragement guys and mike what your saying makes sense as far as the accusations go . Im 40 yrs old and sometimes we get a sense for these things at my age and then again look at the situation im in ....not good. I shouldve been more cautious about buying a car over the internet sight unseen and for that ....its my fault. I went ahead and edited my post for the sake of the forum and to keep the decorum respectful. Guys I truly appreciate the positive energy. Ive been bummed out the last two days and then telling my wife wasnt pretty....she drove all the way back following me only for this to happen. Guys im on this ..aint gonna waste any time getting it fixed thanks again fellas.
                              Last edited by 10yre30r; 11-24-2013, 06:29 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X