Cirrusly Blue - The Daily Driver E30... now SUPER powered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.rtsauto.com/e30-control-a...-arm-bushings/

did me a bit of help when it came to making a decision..
    1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Finally found your new thread. Subbed.
      '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
      Shadetree30

Comment

Make any headway on the cold start issue or still chasing down the cause?

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
        1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
        Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
        Mtech 2 turbo restoration
        Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post
          Finally found your new thread. Subbed.
          ;D

Not too much going on right now. I will slowly go through the suspension bushings, but Im also sourcing parts to do a steering rack swap.

Besides that, I picked up a sssquid chip for cheap but its not the right tune. Im trying to see if I can get it reflashed for 19# injectors now and then get it flashed again when I add a cam. Those are the "stage 1 & 2" mods I want to do with the motor. "stage 3" will be much more involved...and much further down the line.

Im also hoping to get the rest of the 5speed stuff done soon, but my priority is getting the Datsun ready for VARA University in January. I have some stuff that Im waiting on the buyer to send me the money because it will get me VERY close to having all the parts I need, then its just a matter of getting them all installed.

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
          Make any headway on the cold start issue or still chasing down the cause?
          I still have the random cold start issue. I still believe its rooted in the fuel delivery, so Im going to pick and choose what parts need to get replaced, like the fuel injectors. Trying to focus on win-win solutions, but I have almost zero free time right now. Its starting to get colder so the cold start issue needs to get fixed ASAP.
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
            Yea I think at this point, its going to be solid rubber, just cant decide the E36 M3, which I believe is solid, but centered, or E30 M3 which is solid and offset.
            I've always gone with the offset for increased caster.
            1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
            1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
              Changed the front swaybar links. They were pretty bad, so I'm glad they were done. I didn't get to the rear but I'm sure those need to be done too

The front control arm bushings are busted so I'm trying to decide if the M3 rubber or some poly. I'm trying to avoid major stiffness but I don't think these are the ones that transmit NVH into the cabin. Thoughts?

On my cirrusblau s52 sedan i put akg black poly all around except oem rtab, diff is oem z3m because of the matching cover. If feels amazing and smooth esp. with the akg engine mounts I used. Bulkier yet not solid. You only feel the stiffness on the freeway but on a clean paved street it's [emoji108]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

AKG swap mounts are the best. I had them on the aluminum monster
                Simon
                Current Cars:

Comment

I was digging through my spare bin of parts and came across some parts that I can (hopefully) use when it comes to the 5speed swap. I bought the trans brace along with a bunch of stuff, but the giubo and throwout bearing were in the bin with a bunch of VW parts. I just need to make sure they are the right ones. This made me happy because its always minor parts like this that add up down the road

Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

Cirrusly Blue - The Daily Driver E30

So in a bit of good news it looks like I'm going to have my SSR wheels back from the Aluminum Monster soon and that means these ESM wheels are for sale. I'm trying to make a deal with Marco (mbonnani) so that I can get cash and the single mass M20 flywheel that I'm going to need eventually. Slowly piecing the 5speed together. Most likely buying the G260 back from the Aluminum Monster also. Slowing buying it all back haha

I did get a little bit of time to work on the car today and I just did an oil change (168k). It was so crusty underneath the car that I'm calling it a weight reduction mod too haha Seriously, it was bad. While I was letting the motor warm up to make sure there's no leaks I also decided to try and clean up that Cosmoline in the laziest possible way I can and I think the results will work for now LOL

Obviously there's more to clean but that was 5 minutes of "work"

I also use my leatherique to try and rejuvenate the rear seats. We'll see how it turns out, but I have a feeling it will need at least two runs. This car is slowly turning into something
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

Reunited and it feels so gooood

Ordered Motorsport studs for the car and I cant install these until then but they should be here in a day or two since they are coming from LA.

I'm excited!
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

This is going to look sex on the SSRs.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                        1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                        1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                        2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

when are you getting the engine back from the aluminum monster? :rofl:
                          Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post

Aluminum monster 2.0?? ;D

Or is this one Fatty McGoo?
                            1990 325iX - sterlingsilber metallic
                            1991 325i - lazurblau metallic

Originally posted by delamaize
                            E30 = Lego for men.

Comment

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
                              This is going to look sex on the SSRs.
                              Yea I cant wait. It looks like my studs might arrive today, so I might just have to install them tonight. We'll see.

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                              Originally posted by TheWipprSnappr View Post
                              Aluminum monster 2.0?? ;D

Or is this one Fatty McGoo?
                              Im not going to lie and tell you that this hasnt been in my mind.

Ive even been thinking an M54 with the 6speed would be a wonderful daily, and that technically qualifies as Aluminum Monster 2.0

At this point, none of those things is happening because #1: The Aluminum Monster is alive and well and terrorizing P-Cars. (He sold the SSRs because he bought some 10" wide wheels) and #2: I have to finish the Datsun before any wild ideas go anywhere with this car.

I AM a weight weenie, as dubbed by Charlie, so Im looking for effective ways to cut weight and these wheels will be a nice drop in both rotating mass and unsprung weight. No Fatty Magoo here :hitler:
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

m54 3.0 would be an awesome engine for a daily. TORQUE BROOOOOOOOOOOO
                                Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Working...
                                X