No announcement yet.

picks of 5 lug rims on e30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and 225/45-16 are perfect. except those tires I was only able to find in slicks.

Comment

Originally posted by Aptyp View Post
      ... perhaps you need 235-245 tire.
      i have looked for properly fitting 16'' tires of this width and the only thing i have found that is close but not larger diameter is a 245/35-16 from toyo. everything else is just slightly too large.
      http://instagram.com/dslovn.drives

Comment

Originally posted by bimmer630 View Post
        according to that calculator, a tire size of 225/50r16 will offset the speedo by only 2 mph
        that is true, but they are also harder to fit under the fenders. when running low offset wheels on the e36 5-lug this is a major issue.

Comment

and 225/45-16 are perfect. except those tires I was only able to find in slicks.
          nah, there are a handful of street tires in that size.

Comment

NO, M-Roadster hubs won't go into e30 trailing arms... Bearings are bigger in every dimension. If there were custom bearings available in 45x75x37 size, then we'd be able to fit practically any BMW hubs into e30 trailing arms...

z3 hubs are only about 2-3 millimeters wider then 318ti ones, but ET15 still was a bit low...
            if the Rear hubs on z3's are wider than Ti hubs, how do they match the width or "track" front to rear? is it the same on both cars or does the Z3 simply have wheels that stick out further on the rear? I know the body shape of a Z3 bulges out a bit in the rear so this may be the case..

but what im getting at is, are Daniels Et23 wheels only a problem in the rear if a Z3 hub was used? the front doesnt matter since E36 is all the same on the front i guess.
            I wish there was a Ti sized hub flange that would fit in the larger bearings or maybe a sleeve you could press onto the Ti hub to enlarge it, allowing it to fit in the 6 cylinder size bearing, allowing somebody the use of the larger better bearing and not have to use et40 rims
            Last edited by bimmer630; 04-04-2009, 04:05 PM.

Comment

I have been tempted to adjust her looks on multiple occasions.

you mean in an angry manner? ive done that but never to my BMW's

Comment

if the Rear hubs on z3's are wider than Ti hubs, how do they match the width or "track" front to rear? is it the same on both cars or does the Z3 simply have wheels that stick out further on the rear? I know the body shape of a Z3 bulges out a bit in the rear so this may be the case..

but what im getting at is, are Daniels Et23 wheels only a problem in the rear if a Z3 hub was used? the front doesnt matter since E36 is all the same on the front i guess.
                I wish there was a Ti sized hub flange that would fit in the larger bearings or maybe a sleeve you could press onto the Ti hub to enlarge it, allowing it to fit in the 6 cylinder size bearing, allowing somebody the use of the larger better bearing and not have to use et40 rims
                answer to first question is... I have no idea, but they are different. I had both, side by side. my 318ti ones will be going for sale soon.

As far as making a sleeve, that should be super easy on a lathe. here are dimensions 42x39x37, but those 3mm don't make that much difference. It's all about how big of a tire, how low, and how much rolling.

Comment

lulz...

There is, it's called a e30 m3 rear hub...

There is no reason in trying to reinvent the wheel when it already exists and is readily available to you...

Comment

yeah? but have you ever seen e30 on e36 bottle caps? It's coming.

Comment

I drove mine home last night with E36 bottlecaps on the rear (the front is still 4-lug until tomorrow)
                      the bottle caps in 15" looks real good on an e30 dont they? i like it.
                      I stayed after work last nite to do the rear 5 lug swap, i thought it would go much quicker but there were a few problems, like first the axle nut didnt wanna budge on the passengers side.. after that smooth sailing for that side, but the drivers side had its own problems, it took me about 1/2 hour of beating on the slide hammer to get the flange out and then almost the same time getting the bearing out of the TA.
                      Its old stuff thats probably never been out so i wasnt suprised..
                      those Et23 16 inchers didnt work out at all.. with my H&R springs and the tire i have on that wheel, the quarterpanel rested right on top of the tire and the car wouldnt even move around the shop without rubbing.
                      this wheel Might work with a lower sidewall profile tire but i think it'll still be too close and i dont like the way the rims stick out past the body. im trading them for some other wheels

Comment

Got the front done today and just drove home with no abs sensors and these bald tires.. they are 205/50-16.

The tires rub when turned to full lock. Aptyp, didnt you mention that you installed stops in the rack? i have installed those things on minis back when i worked for mini but i havent seen any in the aftermarket (i havent looked yet either)

also when all this stuff was finally installed, the front wheels were really toed out, and to bring them back in i had to use almost all the adjustment available on the tierods. i stayed too late doing the suspension so i couldnt do a proper alignment, i just did it by eye cause i was being kicked outta the shop at 8 o'clock PM.. but i hope ill have enough on the tierods to adjust the toe properly

Et23 wheels didnt fit, but i'll be trading them to a friend for some 17" borbets and the rims pictured here are also being traded for a set of factory 15" bottlecaps which i think look great on the car and will work perfect for the winter.

next on the to-do list is the bodywork on this thing.. the car looked almost perfect last year when i got it, and then i took off the ground effects and found rot
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by bimmer630; 04-08-2009, 08:06 PM.

Comment

ran front e36 m3 struts?

I've been riding on 18 lugs for over a month.

Comment

ran front e36 m3 struts?

18-lug krew FTW! Haha !
                            Almost ashamed to say how long this car has been rolling (or not rolling) 18-lug. :p

Although it won't be 18-lug for much longer.
                            Plans are to pull the e36 M3 front goodies off and convert back to 4-luggers within the next few weeks.

For those wondering that is E36 M3 ft stuts with Bugg Brages. :p
                            Also have had Mcoupe trailing arms and brakes for years but have just recently picked up the car I plan on running all that on.

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

ran front e36 m3 struts?

E36/7 m roasdster/coupe front struts with 325 spindles/brakes, M3 lower arms and offset CABs the wheels are fairly centered in the wheelwells, but it does look like they could go foward a tad more, and the back of my tires rub on the body when turned to full lock.

Comment

Working...
                              X