No announcement yet.

New member and my 5 lug conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you www.rongineer.com? I only ask because I found that site, and I used to work on the Western production line back in 2001-2002 in Desert Hot Springs, Ca and I used to build Elegantes.

Comment

Zombie thread! But seriously I have this kit and with e46m3 rear calipers and rotors and can't get it to fit in the car, for one the rotor doesn't go on hub without the removal of back plate and parking brake mechanisms, which does not bother me because it's gonna be a track rat, but second when I bolt everything up with adapter the caliper carrier does not line up straight with the rotor , and the rotor rubs on inner side of carrier. My question is did anyone try and run e46m3 rear brake setup with success and without modifying anything, or do I have to use the e39 rear caliper with e46 325i rotor? My car is stuck without rear brakes right now because of this. Any help would be appreciated
      sigpic

Comment

Looks like someone (jb325is?) said e39 540i rears are a direct fit. They also mentioned the e46 m3 setup doesn't work out of the box.

Turbo M50 4 Door Build thread here 4 Sale thread

Comment

I have made e46 325/328i brake setup on e30 trailing arm with z4 hubs

for more detail
          Last edited by ngampleh; 09-07-2016, 08:19 AM.
          [ETA - E30 Adapters] 5 Lug kit with e46m3 front and e46 325/328i rear brake setup
          ---------------------------------------------------------------
          [ETA - E30 Adapters] - 5 Lug kit | DTM Shifter | DSSR
          ---------------------------------------------------------------
          Transaction Feedback

Comment

So I confirmed that i need to use e39 528 caliper with e46 325i rotor but I don't know if I need to modify my dust plate
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X