Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another 5lug option? | Now for the rear too!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a good solution that has been around a long time in various forms. It keeps correct E30 geometry is cost effective. Also the non-M brakes are a bit lighter too :)
    -Nick

M42 on VEMS

Comment

I'd say that its also a lot cheaper than getting all the M gear. ;)
      And its really hard to get it here where i live :)
      5-lug Kit | E36 & E46 Hub & Brake Adaptor for E30!
      Leave feedback about my transactions!
      sigpic

Comment

Very true, and you can also run more wheel choices :)

Can you ask why the spindle is split in two? I have always wondered why the spindle is not the full length of the bearing and the nut was not just on the end. Obviously the nut would need to extend to the threaded portion of the original spindle with a slightly smaller diameter than the original bearing surface to fit under the new bearing sleeve.
        -Nick

M42 on VEMS

Comment

What rotors and calipers is a direct fit?
          Projects Hartge,Alpina & AC Schnitzer Builds.http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=280601
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=227993
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=289362

DSC04926 by Raul Salinas, on FlickrDSC03413 by Raul Salinas, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by wazzu70 View Post
            Very true, and you can also run more wheel choices :)

Can you ask why the spindle is split in two? I have always wondered why the spindle is not the full length of the bearing and the nut was not just on the end. Obviously the nut would need to extend to the threaded portion of the original spindle with a slightly smaller diameter than the original bearing surface to fit under the new bearing sleeve.
            Thats because it is the best design in terms of tightening the bearing. Well easiest. And it will not damage the bearing while installing. If you would use a full length spindle, then when tightening the nut, it would rub into the bearing, where as in this design, it will rub in the second part of the nut, and will do no damage to the bearing.

Originally posted by e30m3s54turbo View Post
            What rotors and calipers is a direct fit?
            You can use any non-M rotors and calipers. Ie any E36 or E46 brakes are a direct fit.
            sigpic

Comment

I'm interested in a set.
              cars beep boop

Comment

Possible to get without the caliper adapter bracket?
                84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
                Manual swap all the things!

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                  I'm interested in a set.
                  PM'ed

Originally posted by iansane View Post
                  Possible to get without the caliper adapter bracket?
                  Will ask :)
                  sigpic

Comment

Finally a non Frankenstein solution. Where do I get it?

One question , What keeps the nut from coming loose? Is the drivers side left hand thread?
                    1989 Cirrus Blau coupe Racing Dynamics wheels and a Volvo Spoiler.

Comment

Originally posted by 330SMG View Post
                      Finally a non Frankenstein solution. Where do I get it?

One question , What keeps the nut from coming loose? Is the drivers side left hand thread?
                      PM'ed.

Actually i think the double-nut design should to the trick, ie you i think it will hold itself, but i will ask on that. About the right-hind - do not know, but it surely fits without any modifications.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by yahh View Post
                        Anything for the rear?
                        As mentioned, you can do the 318ti/z3 trailing arms, but you can also use e30m3 bearings and hubs.
                        john@m20guru.com
                        Links:
                        Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by Max399 View Post
                          Thats because it is the best design in terms of tightening the bearing. Well easiest. And it will not damage the bearing while installing. If you would use a full length spindle, then when tightening the nut, it would rub into the bearing, where as in this design, it will rub in the second part of the nut, and will do no damage to the bearing.
                          I still don't understand the point of the bolt and washer that is threaded in after the adapter. Doesn't seem like it actually does anything.

Comment

Got them on my hands now, so regarding the whats holding it - you can bend the washer just like you would with a normal bearing install.
                            sigpic

Comment

How about you send me a set and i will test them to assure the wider R3V community that they can stand up to abuse?

Comment

Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver View Post
                                I still don't understand the point of the bolt and washer that is threaded in after the adapter. Doesn't seem like it actually does anything.

I think this is how it's meant to work: the inner half of the race slides on. The outer half threads onto the stub axle somewhat tightly, but doesn't get cranked down, then the bolt is threaded into it. The bolt presses up on the stub axle and locks the outer half of the race.

If there wasn't such a bolt, I'm not sure how you'd lock the outer half of the race in place.

Definitely a bit weird.

Does the dust cap fit over the bolt arrangement?
                                cars beep boop

Comment

Working...
                                X