drivers door lock jammed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

drivers door lock jammed

I cannot lock the drivers door. The actuator wont press down. I can though, do a full lock and lock the deadbolt. When i try central locking, the doors will lock then immediately unlock. I am guessing that something got jammed in the mechanism. Looks like i have to take off the door card. Once I am in there, what do i need to look at? looking on realoem, thinking one of the links may have slipped or bent. Open to suggestions here.

I searched through forum and didnt see the exact problem... a lot of people getting locked out of their cars (doh!)

I really wanted to drive this to work... sigh.

Pretty common issue from what Ive read. The locks get old and seize, the links get bent, etc. IIRC the solution usually involves disassembly of the locking mechanism to see whats wrong. Might require a new lock cylinder.

My driver side is doing this too. Ive tried to lube the parts I can access and its still frozen. One of these days when I feel like punishing myself Ill dig into it more.

Comment

I have been procrastinating on doing this, but you can buy a rebuild kit to rebuild your existing tumbler to work with your existing key.

1989 325is Lachssilber - Sold
      1990 325is Sterlingsilber - Current Project
      September 2018 Car of the Month: Zeemz
      Youtube Track & Autocross Videos

Comment

key works fine.... it is the push down lock that is frozen/jammed. I can in fact engage the deadbolt.

Comment

the locking mech is seized. As far as i can tell the central locking is working ok. Looking for options.

Comment

bit the bullet.... very expensive, but new parts. turns out the central locking device motor is toast. I think it burnt out when the lock jammed.

Comment

I sprayed silicone lube all over mine a couple months back. Today was the first really nice hot day that I took the car out since. I made a lot of stops and about halfway through my trip I noticed that my doors were actually locking now. Just wanted to share.

Comment

Working...
              X